Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open prototype link on phone browsers

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think this has been covered before, but I can not seem to find an actual solution to the problem. We have been using XD for a while now to send demo's to clients that they can simply open in their phone browsers to view. Things have been working fine until today when all of a sudden one of our development phones simply will not open one particular demo url link. It has worked just fine for the past month with no issues, but today for some reason it just shows a spinning circle and will not load. Oddly enough it will open in "private mode" on the browser and it will open up just fine if we add it to the homescreen as a traditional PWA. It will also open on all other phones in our office, but just not on this one Iphone Xs for some reason. This phone will still open all of our other demo's with no problem, but not the one in question.

The phone is running IOS 12.1.4, but so are the other phones where the URL will open correctly.

This particular demo has been running in the phone browser for some time now, but I wouldn't think that it would affect its ability to just not load at all. We have closed the browser, closed the windows, restarted the device, etc.... all with no luck.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Hi cfowler7​,

We have addressed the bottom navigation bar issue.

Please let us know incase you still face issue while viewing the prototype.

Thanks and Regards

Ayush Rathi

XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a brief outage earlier today that was just resolved. Can you check again to see if this is still happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked and unfortunately the issue still persist.

Again, it will open as intended in "private mode" and if it is opened from the device home screen, but it will not open in the regular mobile safari browser. We tested with an identical phone and had zero issues.

The only difference that we could find is that the phone that will not open the demo did have it loaded in a browser for a few weeks before this issue started, but it was using the same URL and there were no issues during those few weeks... only today when we tried to refresh it would it not work.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, is this just one device and browser on which this feature is not working?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am finding that I can't open a prototype link from XD on mobile safari…

I just get the spinning blue loading circle.

I've tried force quitting safari on my iPhone. Doesn't load at all.

Running XD 18.2.12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try clearing the cache in the browser and opening the prototype link once:

Steps to clear cache in mobile safari has been provided in the link below:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Can you please also provide the link if possible?

Also can you please specify the iOS and safari version on which you are facing this issue.

Thanks,

S V Raghavendra Nuggu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Now we are having a different problem with XD.

We have about 12 active XD demo's that we had been showing to multiple clients and now none of them will open full screen with IOS in Safari. They all now have the bottom Safari navigation bar visible instead of only the top address bar.

We've had multiple Adobe staff tell us "XD has never opened in full screen mode, like a progressive web application would", but that is simply a false statement. We emailed Adobe screenshots from the same device, running the exact same XD build, taken 2 weeks apart, and one image shows the demo running in full screen, while the other shows the bottom navigation bar.

We have tested our builds on 10 different IOS and Android devices now and they ALL show the bottom navigation bar. We can longer use XD to build demo's for clients because of this and all of our developers are having to move to a new platform due to this change from Adobe, that they choose to not acknowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cfowler7​

Request you to share the XD File and screenshot on ayrathi@adobe.com.

Also, could you please share the version of XD that you are using.

Thanks and Regards

Ayush Rathi

XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayush,

I have just sent you an email with the screenshots as well as the versions of XD in which we are running.

We have thoroughly tested the XD builds on multiple platforms and devices, and all builds now show the bottom navigation bar.

Thank you,

Cameron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone is going to address these issues or is even looking into them at all?

I have now talked to 4 people at Adobe, all who have requested screenshots and said that they would respond "within 24-48 hours", and we have not heard anything back from anyone.

We need some type of a resolution to this issue.

-Cameron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written to Ayush to get back to you. You should hear from him soon.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cfowler7​,

We have addressed the bottom navigation bar issue.

Please let us know incase you still face issue while viewing the prototype.

Thanks and Regards

Ayush Rathi

XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ayush,

Yes, the issue is now fixed on our end. Thank you so very much for your help! We really appreciate it.

-Cameron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi - we are facing the same issue. 

The link does not open on some mobile phones but does for others. Both using iOS (safari and chrome) and andriod.  We are urgently trying to find a solution as we are conducting user testing sessions that are being wasted due to the failure of the prototype link. Can anyone please help us promptly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines