• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change fill color prior to typing text

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using XD on Windows 10.  Version 17.0.12.11.  I can't seem to change text color prior to typing.

1. I draw a rectangle filled with the color white
  2. I select the Text tool
    • (Shouldn't the Text properties appear at this moment and stay active until a different tool is selected?)
  3. With the Text tool selected, I click inside the rectangle
    • (Text and Appearance properties appear)
    • (Fill color is currently white)
  4. I change the Fill color to black
  5. I then must click away from the color-picker in order to close it an start typing
    • After I click away, the Text and Appearance properties disappear and the text cursor is no longer within the rectangle. I must click on the white rectangle again to start typing
  6. After clicking within the rectangle again, the fill color is now changed back to white
  7. Go back to step #4 and repeat the cycle (over and over) again.

I'm following a tutorial online and the instructor is using the Mac version.  The instructor doesn't have this problem.  Also, the Mac version appears to have more robust menu options.  Is the Windows version a finished product?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

I guess you need to type first then change the colour. But please up-vote this: Change font color before start typing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you need to type first then change the colour. But please up-vote this: Change font color before start typing – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I contacted Adobe for help:

Create a textbox outside of where you want to text. in that textbok, change fill color and start typing. Then you can start typing in your desired fill color where you want the text to be. I wish there was a more efficient way but that's what I was given for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the workaround solution here. This will definitely help our customers facing the similar issue. We will definitely share your feedback with the team. I would also request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the above shared request.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines