• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't click the notice buttons

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe notice freezes the application window, so I can't drag it, and now I can't click the buttons. I must force quit this... See below.

adobe-xd.jpg

TOPICS
Data loss , Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Make sure your mouse cursor is somewhere around here, and you'll be able to drag the window. Otherwise it doesn't seem to drag it properly. You also seem to be able to click on the maximize button.

Annotation 2020-09-02 105712.png

Other than that, you can use Tab. "Save" is selected by default. If you press Tab once, you will select "Don't Save", on the second press, you will have selected "Cancel". And then back to "Save" again.

It's just bad design, as other programs will "spawn" the confirmation box visibly somewhere,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are facing freezing issues with XD. We would request you to please share the OS and XD version of your machine. Is it happening with every file or with this specific file? Have you tried to sign out of XD and Creative Cloud desktop app, restart the machine, and then sign back in?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hard to describe the problem, so I made a video. I'am not sure if this problem persist in other Adobe applications, I think it does. As you can see from the video, when I open the local file, make a change and drag the window way down and try to close it from the upper right cross, the notice freezes the XD-window and I can't click the buttons.

I'am using the latest version of Windows 10 + Adobe CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video. Could you please also share the screenshot of your about XD info page? Have you tried closing XD from the Task Manager and restart the machine and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to force quit the program before I can continue to work. It seems you didn't understand the problem here. Please see the attached images.

And this happens on Windows platform. Drag the XD-window way up or down. Then close a local file, that is not saved yet. XD gives a warning and it freezes (can't drag) the window in the process (dark gray). When the warning message is hidden, I can't do anything but to force quit.warning message.jpgwarning message hidden.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your mouse cursor is somewhere around here, and you'll be able to drag the window. Otherwise it doesn't seem to drag it properly. You also seem to be able to click on the maximize button.

Annotation 2020-09-02 105712.png

Other than that, you can use Tab. "Save" is selected by default. If you press Tab once, you will select "Don't Save", on the second press, you will have selected "Cancel". And then back to "Save" again.

It's just bad design, as other programs will "spawn" the confirmation box visibly somewhere, outside the actual application window. It's possibly a limitation of the UWP apps, which Xd is, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! Nice to know a proper way to handle this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines