Highlighted

Can't connect to Document - Someone is editing this document in an older version of XD

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue that I am hoping for some support with. The following error message is displayed to me when I am trying to open an XD file. Normally this is not a big issue, though it is very annoying, as I just reach out to the person mentioned and politely ask them to update their XD version or close the file. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.19.50 PM.png

In the image above the names are removed, but you get the idea.

How should I handle a situation where a designer has gone on a two week vacation and left a version of this XD document open? Surely I don't have to wait two weeks for their return before regaining the ability to edit this file?

Similarly, on larger projects where there could be 10+ people editing the same document, how can I avoid having to repeatedly reach out to members of the team asking them to update? With a collaborative file this large there is always someone who has the file open who is out of date. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue?  For immediate assistance, please connect with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you directly.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
How to, Open and save docs, Product performance, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't connect to Document - Someone is editing this document in an older version of XD

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue that I am hoping for some support with. The following error message is displayed to me when I am trying to open an XD file. Normally this is not a big issue, though it is very annoying, as I just reach out to the person mentioned and politely ask them to update their XD version or close the file. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 12.19.50 PM.png

In the image above the names are removed, but you get the idea.

How should I handle a situation where a designer has gone on a two week vacation and left a version of this XD document open? Surely I don't have to wait two weeks for their return before regaining the ability to edit this file?

Similarly, on larger projects where there could be 10+ people editing the same document, how can I avoid having to repeatedly reach out to members of the team asking them to update? With a collaborative file this large there is always someone who has the file open who is out of date. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Dave

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue?  For immediate assistance, please connect with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you directly.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
How to, Open and save docs, Product performance, Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with our project files! ADOBE please help!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, when trying to work collaboratively the current situation makes this very difficult.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0