• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't drag and drop any file into adobe XD

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this problem started suddenly and I have this problem for several weeks, updating windows and xd didn't help I even clean installed adobe XD but i still can't drag any image into xd it simply turns cursor into error symbol but I don't have this problem in any other adobe product only xd is broken and it's useless without drag and drop please help, XD is the only ux design program that I'm comfortable with.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

I uninstalled adobe creative cloud and XD, then I downloaded an older version of xd from another site and installed it in another drive instead of C drive and it fixed it! there was a problem either with creative cloud or maybe it had permission problems since it was installed in WindowsApps by default. thanks for your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Agent13,

Sorry that you're unable to drad images to XD. We'd love to help you with this, please share the format and soruce of the image that you are trying to drag to XD. 

I am able to drag images from desktop and browser to XD and it works fine. I tried to drag it to both an object and to pasteboard. 

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't drag and drop any file including jpg, png and svg from any location however using "import" from menu works fine but I want to drag abd drop files since it's much easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, that's strange, would you mind sharing your OS version which you are using at the moment? I'd also recommend using a different machine or a new user account. 

Thanks, 

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my os is windows 1803, xd didn't have this problem on this very same version just suddenely  drag and dropped stopped working when i was working on a project! then even uninstalling and using different files and creating new project didn't fix it. that's indeed very strange. even that registry fix with changing LCA (or something similar) to 0 or 1 didn't fix it.

xd is ok on my brother's pc

but the problem is present in other user account on my pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Agent13,

Thanks for narrowing it down and sharing the steps that you have covered. Looking at the situation I'd recommend 1:1 assistance. You can get in touch with our tech support team directly using this link: -  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. Use the chat button (bottom-right corner) on the page to get started. 

Feel free to update this discussion on case you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled adobe creative cloud and XD, then I downloaded an older version of xd from another site and installed it in another drive instead of C drive and it fixed it! there was a problem either with creative cloud or maybe it had permission problems since it was installed in WindowsApps by default. thanks for your help anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines