Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't drag and drop images into XD on MacOs 10.14.6

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have the latest version of Adobe XD and amd running MacOS 10.14.6 and I can't seem to drag and drop images from the Adobe creative cloud library.  I tried with SVG files and .AI files.  I've searched thoroughly through the forum and can't find any mac user with this issue for 10.14, only users of the Catalina Beta which I'm not running.

I installed Adobe XD a couple of months ago and used it infrequently.  I don't know if this problem was there the entire time or if this is a new issue due to an update, as I only tried to drag and drop images today.

Does anyone know what I can do?  I see the recommendation to Windows users of updating the graphic drivers but I'm on a Mac and I don't think this applies given Macs update this for you and my system is fully updated.

Thanks,

Gabriel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gabriel,

We are sorry to hear that you're facing trouble using Adobe XD. I would like to know if you are able to drag and drop the JPG and PNG files in XD?

Also, could you please try importing the images?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

So I went to test your idea and jpg and other files work when I dowload them into my downloads folder and then drag, however, I'm now finding that I can all drag items from the assets folder and my original problem is resolved, so I'm not sure what changed.  I do have my XD on auto-update but I don't recall seeing an update come through. Anyway it is working now, thanks!

Gabriel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are glad to hear you're back on track, Gabriel. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late to the game, but I have to restart XD on a regular basis because everything, and I mean everything, stops working. The MacBook is less than 6 months old running the latest OS on the latest XD and it's happened since day 1. 20 years using Adobe and I encounter more issues with XD on the daily than I have with Illustrator, PS, AE, Premiere, Indesign, Audition, and Acrobat combined over the past several years. I don't know why the kinks just can't get worked out on this one product, but it's frustrating when it completely halts your flow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Amy262098731sr4 ,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Would you mind sharing the exact version of XD? Is it like XD is freezing or crashing? Is this happening using any specific tool, or is it happening randomly? These details will help us identify the cause of the issue and troubleshoot it accordingly. 

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines