Exit

Can't drag images into XD when image/folder is in a different Mac OS 'Space'

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS Catalina = 10.15.17

XD version = 34.0.12.33

This issue occurs on exisiting files and new files (every file I have).

Just getting around to reporting this now but I've encountered the issue for several months and just learnt to live with it - but thought I should report. This did work but has obviously been lost during an update somewhere along the line. I'm pretty sure when the issue occurred, I rolled back a version and it worked ok. So it was definitely lost in an update.

At first I thought this was permissions to XD but now it looks like if I have my XD on screen and open a folder (in the same Space) the dragging/dropping of images works fine.

However if I have the folder containing images in a different Mac 'Space' it's impossible to add the image into the document. For example, having a shape (rectangle) create and then dragging an image (from another Space) into XD.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, is it a known bug?

Thanks,

Steve

TOPICS
Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you are unable to drag drop images into XD. Are you started to experience the issue after the XD latest update? Could you please check this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windows-machine/m-p/10266218?page=2 and see if that helps? Is it possible for you to record a video of the issue and share with us for better understanding of the workflow?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear you are unable to drag drop images into XD. Are you started to experience the issue after the XD latest update? Could you please check this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/design-unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windo... and see if that helps? Is it possible for you to record a video of the issue and share with us for better understanding of the workflow?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I will try to record a video asap of the issue. It has been an issue for several months. It worked earlier this year (Feb) but not since April (approx). I think the problem is the same as in that post but I think mine is more specific as it's Mac rather than Windows.

I can perform the action. But only if the Finder window is on the same screen (Mac Space) that the XD document is using. Otherwise it won't work.

Thanks,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went to record a video but this seemed to be resolved. I'll monitor over the next few days though as I've had this before (thinking it was resolved) then all of a sudden it wasn't.

Can't seem to replicate at the moment though - so figured crossed! Will update asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure of the best way to share a video on here so I've uploaded it to WeTransfer. If you need something else, just let me know!

https://we.tl/t-jAgUHDsWZs

As you can see in the short video, I can drag a file from my desktop into XD and onto a shape and the image appears. However if I drag the same image to the same XD but from another 'Space', it will not drop.

This is the problem I've been encounring for a while now. To confirm, this happens on old (previous working) XDs and newly created XD files. It was introduced in an update earlier in the year.

This hinders me a bit as I have my XD (or Photoshop) in a 'Space' then my files in another which makes it easy to navigation and drag/drop files without needing to rearrange windows and/or have too much in one 'Space'

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines