• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't enter path edit mode on shape when image has been masked or having used 'Paste Appearance'

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've turned a rectangle into a parallelogram by double clicking it, selecting two of the points, and moving them independently of the other two points (Path Edit Mode, I think this is called). I have then pasted an image into the shape using 'Paste Appearance'. I would like to edit the points independently after pasting in the image, but double-clicking the shape only selects the image and no longer allows me to select the four anchor points.

I have also tried using Mask With Shape instead, but it doesn't work any better.

Is there a way to directly edit the points of a shape after you have pasted an image into it?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried the same on my end and was able to edit the points. To edit the points, please ensure you are double-clicking on the parallelogram border to enter the edit mode instead of double-clicking on the center of the parallelogram. Please try that and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried the same on my end and was able to edit the points. To edit the points, please ensure you are double-clicking on the parallelogram border to enter the edit mode instead of double-clicking on the center of the parallelogram. Please try that and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Clicking on the border of the parallelogram instead of the center is the way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines