Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find installation path of Adobe XD

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to create a shortcut to the Adobe XD executable on my desktop, but I can't seem to find where it is installed. It's not in C:\Program Files\Adobe where I have Photoshop and Lightroom, and the only way I can access it is through the Adobe Creative Cloud. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

XD is a Windows UWP app, so it's different from traditional Windows apps. You can create a shortcut by dragging Adobe Experience Design icon from Start Menu and dropping it on your Desktop.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is proving quite hard to figure out! I'll reply again if I find out a way to do what you asked.

Meanwhile, could you not just pin XD to the task bar after you have opened it from the CC menu? I know that's not on your desktop, but it would still be convenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is a Windows UWP app, so it's different from traditional Windows apps. You can create a shortcut by dragging Adobe Experience Design icon from Start Menu and dropping it on your Desktop.

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Randy,

Since it's a UWP app, does it by default uses the NVidia GPU if I'm using it on a laptop? Where usually you get to choose to use the Intel GPU or the dedicated NVidia GPU?

Reason I asked this was that I couldn't find Adobe XD being listed in the NVidia Control Panel and I have no idea if it is using the Dedicated GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to sincronize a Razer Synapse profile to the XD app, and because of being a windows uwp app I am not able to do so. I can´t get the file because windows won´t let me open the Folder. Bugs me. I need an exe file, pleeeeeeeease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem with my MX master... Here's the solution: Find Adobe XD CC 2018 installation folder [ Best And Easy Way ][ Tutorial ] - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Task Manager, Details tab, to find where XD's EXE is located. For the current version that is here:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.28.10_x64__adky2gkssdxte

I tried making a desktop shortcut of that, but it ends up failing because of permissions issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to Add “Take Ownership” to the Right-Click Menu in Windows Explorer

Windows 10 Help Forums

These two links will advise you how to "take ownership" of the "hidden" Windows App folder in C: drives on a windows machine.

Once you either manually change the registry key, OR use the small Registry Editor avaiable on  the "Ten Forums" site you will be able to leave a shortcut on the desktop...

(Registry Editor on the Ten Forums site is safe if you done feel like manualy editing the registry yourself, and which mind you I have been using for over two years now and LOVE the freedom it provides when windows folders suddenly have permission issues despite being the sole user of my machine)

Hope this helps.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But wait, there's more...

If you type this in any File Explorer window:

explorer shell:AppsFolder

you're taken into the Appications folder. In there is an XD shortcut that you can drag to the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thq so much .. This worked for in an instant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much 

it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best solution without being too technical

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i love you man thank you so much may God Bless you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Life saver!! Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. Glad to hear you're able to resolve the issue. Feel free to reach out to us in the future for any assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out Mr. Edmund's method works for me, so thank you very much for that.

Mr. Holgate said to type explorer shell:AppsFolder into any file explorer window; That also works too, so thank you too Mr. Holgate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learnt something new today, Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absurd... as usual, but this time, adding Microsoft absurdity user experience to the receipt. I can imagine the evil minds at the Adobe/MS meeting before implementimng XD for Windows:

- Microsoft thinktank: Hey!... look what a brilliant idea! Being Adobe XD an usability tool, why not make it absolutelly different with the tools our users are used to? Really!, imagine our users figuring it out where to look for the app... asking what the hell is UWP, and why he need it for his/her daily work.

- Adobe: Yesssss!!! even more! Our users, have been decades sharping their minds to find things in top most menus... soooo! let move the menu at left, of course hidden!!! Imagine the cognitive efforts and frictions each time our users jump from Illustrator to XD... hahahaha!! (supervillain laughing)

- Microsoft thinktank: Deal!!! can't wait to read user complains!!... ahahahahahaha

(the real drama... needed to add XD to a list of  font Application Set in Suitcase Fussion to deal with regular missing fonts. Not success... as usual)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded Adobe XD, In the installation application...  I've set to install it into my D drive but I can't any of the drives....    I can't even open the file location by right clicking on the application....   is it safe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Thank you so much! it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe suggests the following in this help page:

Best practices

• Adobe XD package installation, when done locally, makes Adobe XD available only for the user account that the installation was performed under.
  • Adobe recommends that you to deploy Adobe XD in a logged off machine state. This ensures that Adobe XD is made available to any user who logs into the machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi please I need your help I installed Adobe xd in my PC and it shows that it was successfully installed but I couldn't see it everywhere in my machine.

I need your help pleasssss

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines