• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't flow in data from .txt file to repeat grid

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying all morning to flow data into my repeat grid – I've tried using the Google Sheets Plugin as well as saving the values as a .txt file and dragging it onto my text layer. I've used this feature in the past and it's worked great! No idea why it's not working now. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Yes, the reason it's not working is because of the nested component. It must be a regular piece of text, not a component.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Layers panel to make sure the text layer is inside the Repeat Grid, and that you don't have nested Repeat Grids (that the text box is in a Repeat Grid within a Repeat Grid).

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan, thanks for replying. The text layer is inside a Repeat Grid, and it is not a nested Repeat Grid. It is, however, a component linked to my asset library. Would that be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the reason it's not working is because of the nested component. It must be a regular piece of text, not a component.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines