• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't move all of the objects in a file

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per this video I recorded, I can't seem to select everything in a file and move it together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv46Rb7W3Rw&t=1s. When I do, I can either select the artboard or the objects outside the artboard, but not both. Anyone know what's going on? I've been using XD since early days and have never been able to do this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

@mathewh44851056 , This is not a bug but a way of Adobe telling us that there is a difference betweek Artboards and contents that are not part of the artboard.

When. you select all the contents together for the first time, the Artboard is completely covered and as per Adobe you should ideally be trying to place your artboard in a different location.

In the second situation when you select all the elements, AdobeXD thinks that you are now nnot happy with the artboard sizing and want to move all the

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i should say that this is the most recent version of xd as of may 19 2021 and i'm using the latest version of windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mathewh44851056 , This is not a bug but a way of Adobe telling us that there is a difference betweek Artboards and contents that are not part of the artboard.

When. you select all the contents together for the first time, the Artboard is completely covered and as per Adobe you should ideally be trying to place your artboard in a different location.

In the second situation when you select all the elements, AdobeXD thinks that you are now nnot happy with the artboard sizing and want to move all the cotents selected (even outside the atboard) to a new location. Hence the selection happens.

To me this is not a bug but use this every day to clean up my design speace and separate my artboard and components outside it that dont fall within the bouds of the design area..

I know what you are trying to do is completely logical but for the software, the artboard is the main focus area. What you can do is have smaller artboards (500X200) sizes just to have in them the text values you have right now. Hence when you select everything, it will also move along with the artboard (similar to the first method you showed in your video)

Please try this fix and lemme know your feedback.

Gracias, Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines