• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Cloud Document Files (again for the 100th time)

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a problem for the last few months and I've reported this situation more than once, and usually it gets solved, but this time I'm not having any response in 1 month.

Basically this started in January, when everytime that I try to open a project that is saved in Cloud Documents, I get the following error: "getSharedResourcesFilePath(): Could not load component: Code: 52". The last 3 times that this happened, I reported and everytime I got a phonecall from Mr.Anuj. Everytime he tried to help me and always resolved the situation, but everytime that this problem got solved, the next week keeps coming back.

Like I said the last time that I contacted with someone from Adobe, I cannot keep getting this error every week and I can't waste 1 hour on the phone to try to solve this constant problem. Plus, the last time that this happened I actually lost a project and still no one managed to help me.

The last time that I receive a message from someone of Adobe was on March 11 and March 12 and here's both the email that you guys send me:

March 11

"Hello Bruno

Greetings from Adobe!

This is regarding your recent interaction with Adobe support.

We have escalated the issue you have been facing due to loss of XD file from cloud. We really apologize for the inconvenience caused due to this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit Boaz | Adobe"

March 12

"Hello Bruno,

Greetings from Adobe!

An updated version XD 17 is now Live! Could you please update to the latest version of XD and check whether you are able to access the lost file from Cloud?

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit Boaz | Adobe"

I immediately replied by saying that the update didn't solve anything. The file was still lost and I still couldn't access the project files saved in the Cloud Documents.

This situation is causing me a lot of problem, especially now that I'm having a few interviews for a job.

I truly hope that this discussion won't be ignored like before and I really hope that someone can manage to help me once for all.

Thank you,

Bruno Santos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bruno,

I am sorry that you go through all this trouble and the issue is still not resolved. I would like to inform you that I have escalated this case to the related team and share the feedback as well.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've heared that before, but I'll wait for a solution once again hoping that this will be the last time I report this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem (and no, updating XD to the latest version does not help).

I can't access my designs through XD and I can't download them either.

I really try to like XD as a design tool, but you're making it difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Sorry that you are unable to access your Cloud documents, this issue looks similar to this request here: - All Cloud Documents suddenly gone missing- however they are still visible in "Your Work" – Adobe XD ... Could you please check if this is what you have encountered? If yes, please upvote this discussion and share your comments as well.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Atul, I've received an email asking for my phone number and best time to call me in April 4th. It's gonna be almost a week ago but I still haven't received any phone call.

I hope that the responsable team didn't forgot me again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really a disappointment that this issue is being ignored once again... I receive an email more than a week ago asking for my phone number (again) and the best time to call me, yet no one has called me so far.

My previous answer was saying that same thing and that was 4 days ago, but there's still any news...

What should I do to get this problem solved !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrunoS31,

Sorry for the delay in response and frustrating experience. I would like to inform you that we have escalated the case to the related team and they are working on it. I will update this discussion as soon as I have an update from the team.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, hopefully it won't pass another week without any feedback...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrunoS31, I am sorry that it is has been quite some time that you are struggling with it, however, I would like to inform you that the related team is still investigating it. I'll keep you posted on this if I see any positive remarks from the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback, I'll be waiting for more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello once again Atul_Saini​

I still haven't got any feedback and I have a new problem.

After this long and unsolved problem I tried to work with Adobe XD and saving the project in the Cloud once again and now I have the same problem but just with a different message.

"getFileSizeSync(): File argument must be a string"

Can Adobe fix this problem or not !?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrunoS31,

Sorry for the delay, I have checked on the case, we are still unable to find the entry for that file in the logs. However, as you are unable to open file and getting this error message. I would request you to open this file on a different machine and check if that works.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't know if you have any access of the information from everytime that this happened, but in case you don't, I'll leave it here.

In fact, it appears that if I open my projects on another machine I can access to them without a problem, that's how the person who talked with me on the first few times "solved" the problem. By opening the project on his computer and then sending to me.

But like I said to him, I don't have another machine so I can open and recover my projects and even if I did, it doesn't make any sense that for me to work with your tools I have to open my projects in another machine every week to recover my work.

This is a serious flaw on Adobe service that the team must solve. It's been almost 6 months! How can't you solve a problem in 6 months? The answer is simple, you're not even trying. I'm not saying that is you specific, so I am sorry if I sound agressive, but it's unbelievable that we're still talking about this after all this time.

What I really need right now is to someone to recover my project in the first place and I want it to be done tomorrow.

Last but not least, please tell me if I should complain in another place to get this solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BrunoS31, I totally understand your frustration about this and I'll try my best to help you recover this file. As you mentioned that you don't have another machine, here is what we can try. We can create a test user account on your machine and try to open it there.

Here are the steps that may help:- https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...​ Please try these steps to create a new user account and share the results.

I would also like to inform you that our team is about to conclude the investigation on your existing issue as well. As I have mentioned in my previous post the team was unable to find the details about the lost file in the logs, in case we'd need addition information from your machine, we'll setup a call and take this further. 

I'll definitely update this discussion as soon as I hear from the related team.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the file, I just created a new user account and it worked, I opened the file that was saved in the cloud and that I couldn't open in the original account. For that, thank you! It would be much easier if the other guy told me that in the first place...

Indeed 1 project was lost and it's impossible to recover, but I've already said that the file was not really important. I start the project over again, plus, the Adobe team itself already spoke to me about that file.

What I really need is for this to not happen again.

I believe that is important to notice that the error message was different this time! Instead of "getSharedResourcesFilePath(): Could not load component: Code: 52" I got "getFileSizeSync(): File argument must be a string"

If necessary I'm available to answer your call anytime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that it worked for you, thanks for sharing the heads up. I'll personally keep track for this error message"getFileSizeSync(): File argument must be a string". Meanwhile, would you mind sharing your feedback here: - Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let's forget my previous response

Just like you asked, I shared the bug and now I just got an email saying that it was closed !!

When I open the notification here's what I got "Bug fixed with workaround"...

Nina Ramos closed it and didn't even said why.

Now what...?

UPDATE: I re-posted the bug, hopefuly no one will close it again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Atul_Saini​ last update was 3 weeks ago and it was basically the same update over a month ago...

This issue is happening since January, which means, since January I can't take advantage of Adobe XD as I should.

If I want to create a project and save in the Cloud so that I can open it with the Adobe XD App on my phone,I'm taking the risk of losing all my work and I'm pretty sure that you won't compensate me for that, right?

Please, make sure that the responsible team actually do something about this, because it's gonna be almost half a year since this started and all that you guys told me so far is that you don't know what happened neither how to solve it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there, The problem solved by this link, found your files' three dots, then download it! It works for me! hope you will do it well 🙂
https://assets.adobe.com/cloud-documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines