• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save XD files at all, windows 10

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer save an XD file. Tried multiple existing XD files, cannot "save as". Tried brand new file. Tried over network and on local drive. I get no errors, it just creates a 0KB xd file and then a temp file.

qAPNtBv.png

If I click on the XD file I get an error 48, error opening the file. I think XD is just opening some sort of last auto saved file right now, that's the only way I'm currently able to keep my work with the last thing I worked on. Stays titled as Unititled-1. This is garbage. Tried rebooting, doesn't help. I have the latest version of XD.

Very useful application, but kind of getting tired of running into so many show-stopping bugs with this thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy that temp file to newfilename.xd and see if you can open that. Are you saving on a network drive, by any chance?

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that fixed the file, and it allows me to save on it now. As my post mentioned, I tried saving as to both the hard drive and network drive and it's done the same thing for the last couple files that I did that with, however I think I tried saving as on over the network first - could that have permanently messed something up until renaming the temp file?

It's weird, never had this issue until now, we've been using XD for several months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re using Google Drive, some people have seen intermittent problems saving while it’s on. We’re still trying to reproduce that on our side, as it seems to happen infrequently, and potentially with specific network setups. We’d love to hear back from you as to what network drive/system you were using.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a synology NAS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem:

The setup is Windows 10 client, SFTP Net Drive 2017 to mount a folder on an SSH server via SFTP to a local drive letter in windows. The SFTP server is running FreeNAS with a ZFS filesystem. When I try to save to a folder on the mounted filesystem in Windows, I get "Unable to safe file as 'filename.xd'. You don't have permission to save to that destination. Please try again with a different name, or select a different location."

I guess I'll try this from a Mac rather than a Windows box. Or maybe mounting the share differently. Other applications read and write fine from the sftp-mounted folder described above.

(Not sure if this is helpful on your side.)

Thanks,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you let us know if your issue has been resolved, or if you need more assistance?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue often. Lost a lot of work here when I didn't notice it saved a file as a 0kb file, not temp file associated with it. This was just a save to the downloads folder on my main hard drive. Very very very frustrating. Only happens with XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem with Xd since we are using the latest version of SMB. All other Programms are working fine, just Xd has this same issue for mounths. As we can not find any solution, we can not futher work wir Xd anymore.

Please help us to solve this Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response. Please try the suggestions shared in this discussion and let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines