Copied

Se pueden inseryar videos MP4 en XD

The Tittle was edited by Moderator.

Xemein

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. We now support video playback in XD. We would request you to please update XD to the latest version ( XD 45).  

For more details on the latest features please visit our What's new page.

Happy Max 🙂

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They began working on it but never ended up actually doing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want import littile git to show preloader. In any case... Add animation like in protopie and request will clear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Many thanks for your post.

The web/apps etc are packed full of animations and video elements these days - how can an app designed to be a prototype tool not allow for any animated elements... seems an odd one to have missed out.

Is this going to be added anytime soon? I really hope so- I think UX is one of the most exciting of all your new apps... but this really lets it down. I've read at least 50 posts about this subject today - so it should be bumped up your list

Huge love for the work you've done.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree with this. A project that I'm working on has now come to a standstill because one of the screens requires an animated element. It's very unprofessional to have to present the prototype to my client and have to point them elsewhere to see the animated element.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Any updates on this? I also want to use an animated GIF for my project. I have a series of screens in my XD prototype and only one of them has animated content, such as highlighting a part of UI and make that highlighting element disappear within 2 seconds. The entire XD demo is helping us understand overall user flow but that only one screen I am not able to create in XD itself since there is no support for GIFs. I wish we could use different image formats in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elaine,

Please give us an update when we are able to add videos/gifs to XD? Is this going to happen in next few months or another year?

Thanks

Mari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly Adobe is not listening to the needs of users. Still no animated GIFS in Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They recently released an update for Adobe XD with the ability to use overlays in the Prototype view—you can fake a drop down menu or popup window/graphic/screen—to appear on top of an artboard.

While you still can't use the imported GIF and have its animation play automatically, for now, I found a pretty crude workaround. For simple GIFs like loading spinners or bars, you can treat them as overlays. For example, a loading spinner like this:

15-rules-14.gif

What I did was create 4 artboards for the spinner animation where I copied and pasted the GIF on each artboard. I set the first one to an overlay that would be triggered by a button on the site. Then I rotated the image 90 degrees on each successive artboard, and set each up as an overlay that would be triggered by clicking on the spinner, basically creating a loop. So when you click the spinner image, it advances to the next rotated image in sequence, and keeps them all as an overlay on top of the initial homepage artboard.

Here's a basic video showing how it works in preview mode. I click the button, the spinner artboard pops up as an overlay, and then I can click the spinner graphic to rotate through my spinner artboards to simulate the spinner animation.

animatedGIF_loadingspinner_62618.gif

Maybe they will fix this in the next update release and have support for GIFs to play automatically, but hopefully this works as a crude workaround for somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, crap. I've just spent 30+ hours preparing animated gifs for a prototype for a client...just to learn it's impossible to add one. Silly of me to think that such a basic feature would be implemented in a paid app...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any updates yet? I just got an email from Adobe with Val Head valhead​ explaining the importance of animations with your designs... however it looks like it's all for nothing as we still can't add simple, basic animations to XD. I really don't get it? Why have her write an article about this as a moot point because we can't use it?

Please explain.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol same here! totally expected Val Head's video to detail how XD added a timeline instead of showing me all the things I can't do.

Adobe raised their revenue forecast to $1.45B but maybe you can use Adobe Spark on iOS instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're now at 2 years since the original request.  Still no animated GIFs...  Disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ITS BEEN TWO YEARS GUYS...

I think I'm moving to the Famous app.

It's a damn shame too.

Adobe XD had so much potential,

only for it to lose its spark because it does support GIFs or imported videos?

Sad....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an animator and an illustrator and just saying ...if Adobe is reading this... hello: WANT WANT WANT NEED!!! Hello ...PLEASE!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAAT, how is that not a feature on a paid software like that?? That doesn't make any sense, unfortunately Adobe is really awful at planning priority of the tasks that need to be done, it's a shame this isn't implemented even today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years for this to even begin feature development for something like this which I'd consider to be a fundamental aspect of any UX design software is not okay to be honest. I'm merely a software developer who also does designs for the systems I work on and even I know how crucial this is. I'm really looking forward to seeing it come to fruition and XD has A LOT of potential, but over the past year of gradually switching to using XD to create designs for our systems at my work, I've realised that Adobe XD feels like a product that was released about 4 years too early and is only just catching up to the other systems already out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with this. If they did only this, it would contribute an incredible ability and help them exceed anyone in the market. They do own After Effects that's already an invaluable product. All they had to do is to shift a few resources from there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I would like to discuss with you what I believe may be the next step for Adobe XD.

Currently, when we want to create an animation in XD, we have to address the elements and their variations (X, Y, size, etc.) on each screen.

What if we had a separate file with the animation and imported it (as a component) into our prototype. That way we could have the animations in separate files and using that component, the animation would be imported together.

This would reduce the number of screens per prototype by more than 50% (especially in complex animations)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no animated GIF import function in XD in 2020?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Is it possible to import video or animated gifs into XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the current time it is not possible to import animated gifs or video into Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should be able to allow users to import GIFs during the design and GIF should play only when previewing designs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if it is possible to include videos within the XD prototypes? If so, which operating systems does it work in and how do you add the videos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, kimberleyb25080045​-

Unfortunately, that functionality isn't yet supported in Adobe XD. Please do upvote the idea in UserVoice: Import Videos & Animated GIFs – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines