• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you carry over component's state to new artboard?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a component that is an image with multiple states that the user can cycle through by tapping. That component lives on all my artboards. Is it possible to carry over the state of the component when the user transitions/navigates to a new artboard?

Basically I want the user to be able to choose the image they want, but then when they naviagte through the rest of the artboards in my demo, the image (component state) stays consistant with how they left it and doesn't go back to the default state on each artboard.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Thanks for more detailed description. I assume this is not a feature in XD as of now. I would suggest submiting  a feature request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests with our engineering team so that our team can look into your request.

Please share the UserVoice link with us here for tracking purpose.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabre,

Thank you for reaching out. From what I understand from your post, is you have created a component with mutiple states and now you want to copy the component to another artboard and you want all the states to be copied as well. If so, yes it should work. Try copying the master component with states into a new artboard all the states should also be visible.

Please see tha attached image for reference.

linked component with states.png

Please let me know if i misunderstood your question. I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that part, but that doesn't answer my question. I am wondering if there is a way to "remember" the state of a component so that when you navigate to another artboard that contains that same component, the state will remain the same?

For example on Artboard 1 I have a shape image component. The user can tap on it and cycle though three different states. The default is a circle image and then there is a square state and a triangle state. If the user leaves it on the square state and moves to Artboard 2 which also contains this component, is there a way to make it so they will still see the square state, or does it have to go back to the deefault circle state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for more detailed description. I assume this is not a feature in XD as of now. I would suggest submiting  a feature request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests with our engineering team so that our team can look into your request.

Please share the UserVoice link with us here for tracking purpose.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines