• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot drag and drop images in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am running Windows 10 on the latest version of Adobe XD. When attempting to drag and drop images into XD, I get a black circle with a line through it telling me I can't drop images into XD. I opened photoshop and noticed I was able to drop the same images in there without an issue. I've looked extensively into other people having this issue and their resolutions are not solving my problem.

I tried changing my user account control settings to "Never Notify" and the problem still exists. One thing I noticed is that Adobe XD is installing in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_21.0.12.11_x64...... but all my other Adobe applications are installing in D:\Program Files as I specified in the preferences. Something with this install location is not functioning correctly. There was a separate user account on this desktop that had only Adobe XD installed before and it worked fine. I have since uninstalled all Adobe applications and uninstalled Creative Cloud. I then deleted the other user account and all files related to it. Then re-installed on the proper user account and set the install location preferences but XD is still installing the stupid WindowsApps folder I mentioned earlier.

This is starting to become infuriating that I can't even install an application in a location I want it in. How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation locations look correct, mine are in the same locations.

What file type are you trying to drag and drop?

For me a psd file won't drag and drop into XD but a png or jpg do work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just a jpg file. I've tried multiple types and I wouldn't attempt to use a psd file in XD. Since it works in Photoshop, the issue is either with XD, or possibly permissions within the folder it is being installed to.

So if there's a way to install XD in ANY OTHER file location this will be fixed immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand it could be annoying. Here are some steps that may help you to change the location of the Creative Cloud apps.

• Open Creative Cloud app.
  • Go to Preferences.
  • Click on Creative Cloud
  • There is an option called Install Location. Click on Dropdown and click on Change.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines