Cannot enter math operators

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm encoutering issues with XD where for some reason and only sometimes I cannot enter math operators when trying to change the size of artboards or various objects. This affects me randomly and across any file.

I use the latest version of XD ( 35.3.12 at the time of this writing ) and on the latest Windows 10 public build (OS build 19042.685).

Another similar issue that seems to affect also just as randomly and I'm not sure if it's linked or not, when trying to change the number in those input fields, I can only type on my keyboard 1 number at a time. For example if I try to change artboard viewport size from 630 to 667, I press on my keyboard "6" and before I can enter the "7" on my keyboard the input field goes out of focus and I have to re-click again to enter the "7" again. Very strange. Here are some GIFs that show both issues:

This is when changing viewport, you can see every time I press a key on the keyboard to enter a number, it automatically applies that new number even though I actually I wasn't done writing, and I didn't press ESCAPE or ENTER in my keyboard:

change_viewport.gif

And here when trying to resize and enter + to make a math operation:

math_operators.gif

Here I try to type + or - on my keyboard, but as you can see the input field goes out of focus every time I try. It's becoming extremely annoying.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020
Hi there,   Thanks for reaching out. I tried reproducing this on the latest version of XD and Windows 10 however was unable to reproduce and it worked as expected. Would you mind re-installing XD and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? We'll try our best to help you with it.   Regards Rishabh

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried reproducing this on the latest version of XD and Windows 10 however was unable to reproduce and it worked as expected. Would you mind re-installing XD and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue? We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines