• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot proportionally scale a group of objects with any rotated components

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to poportionally scale (scaling while holding shift) a bunch of items together, if any of those objects is a component that has been rotated.

That rotated component will not proportionally scale, no matter how you change the responsive resize settings.

• If that rotated component has the rotation removed, it will scale proportionally fine.
  • If the rotation is kept but it is changed so it is no longer a component, then you can scale it proportionally fine.

Maybe im doing something wrong? Was hoping it would have disappeared with one of the updates, but i dont see others complaining about this, and it seems like a very annoying and obvious bug...

I am using a mac with the latest XD, and the problem has been reproduceable consistently in new documents.

TOPICS
Known Issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke,

Thanks for reaching out. I was unable to reproduce the issue on my end so would you mind sharing a small video of the workflow, along with the exact version of XD, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, im using the latest version of XD 41.0.12.11 x64 on a mac.

Having this problem in previous versions too, Adobe XD is great and updates so often was just hoping it would be fixed sooner or later.  However didnt see anyone else reporting this... so figured i should work out exactly what was the bug and report it or see if i was just doing something wrong.

Im finding the components great, most problems can be worked around, just this rotate problem is requiring me to break the component chain... making future updates/changes a pain for banner/website asset rollouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke. The components are still in quite the "Beta" state as a feature. I always advise against resizing and changing them much after you have made them. Do all the changes beforehand and only change the elements inside, instead of the component itself.

@Rishabh_Tiwari I'm attaching a video of the issue.

You can see once a component is rotated, it doesn't scale proportionally with the other objects it's grabbed or grouped with. This is in the latest version of Xd (41.0.12.11) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Spas K.  This is exactly the problem.

For a 'Beta' state they work very well. I've found most issues addressable by changing workflow to match how XD works. Unfortunately this rotate issue isnt one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines