Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot rename XD documents

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 
I have not been able to rename any of my xd cloud files and always used save as instead.

For some reason I don't get the rename option in the dropdown action menu as shown in Adobe XD User Guide. Is there an easy solution for this?

Thanks, Anne

Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 3.20.30 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Hey, Anne - you should be able to rename the document when it's open in XD. You can choose File > Rename (Mac) or Main menu > Rename (Win), or click on the document title to rename it. You should not need to Save As to rename the doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Anne - you should be able to rename the document when it's open in XD. You can choose File > Rename (Mac) or Main menu > Rename (Win), or click on the document title to rename it. You should not need to Save As to rename the doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I confirm what was said by elainecc. follow the instructions he has listed and you should have no problem renaming your files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am new to XD and found this old thread, but I am unable to rename a document that was shared with me, can only the creator of the document change the name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines