Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Replace Fonts in a Large XD File

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX (latest). XD (latest)

Hi there. I recently did a purge/clean of old fonts, and while XD allowed me to replace SOME of them, it will not allow me to replace all of them. The option is greyed out and the styles that use that font are essentially just "broken."

This is a critical issue for me as Im working with a document with a ton of artboards and these fonts that I need to replace constitute a huge amount of assets across the document.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.16.06 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-23 at 5.16.17 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

I figured it out.

The fonts were linked to a library from another document. Right clicking on the style, clicking "go to source document" and editing them THERE allowed me to come back to the other docs and update the styles. This process was not intuitive at all. There should be a more apparent way to update libraries when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically just need to able to edit those text styles. I can replace it manually from there, but I dont see a way to modify them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone from Adobe verify this as a bug or is there something I'm doing incorrectly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

Sorry for the delay in response. Are you still experiencing the issue? If yes, we would like to know if this is happening with this specific file or all the files? Have you tried reactivating the similar fonts and see if that solves the issue for you?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

Yes. This is still happening. 

It's across all files that are using the same assets library. There is no clear way to update/edit the library, so these styles that are using the old font just stay broken. This is kind of crazy to me because the idea of modifying text styles has existed in so many forms dating back to ancient and terrible powerpoint and word processing. The ability to select a piece of text, right click on a text style and "update style with selected." As it stands, I cant interact with the style at all. I essentially have to remove and replace each one manuallyy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out.

The fonts were linked to a library from another document. Right clicking on the style, clicking "go to source document" and editing them THERE allowed me to come back to the other docs and update the styles. This process was not intuitive at all. There should be a more apparent way to update libraries when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines