• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save file in Xd

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working with Xd for about 25minutes. Then out of the blue (while changing some gradients), Xd has crashed. My recovery file opened where it crashed, but I cannot save it in any way. When I try to close the program, I hit "save" on the modal window and nothing happens. What in the hell is this?!

Secondly, when Xd crashed in the past and it recovered my file, when I'm trying to save it it again, Xd forces me to create a new file, instead of just saving to the old one! That means - new design links EVERY TIME!!! How in the world someone in the UX team came to conclusion this is a logical choice?! Guys, seriously, fix your software instead of adding new features.

The amount of crashes and performance issues for the last year is pure downhill. I literally cannot use this software for longer then 30 minuteswithout some form of issues. I'm literally on the edge now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JPRM,

which version of Adobe XD are you using it? What are the features of your computer? Does this problem occur with all files or just with a specific file? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gianvitulanoI have the newest Adobe Xd. What my computer features has to do with this? I have 32 gigs of ram, a couple of HDD and SSD drives, GeForce GTX 1660 Super and Intel i7 4770k processor. I run the newest windows 10. I have no problem running any other software. My computer is fine, trust me.
I've been using the Adobe software since Photoshop 7. For the last ~3 years, the performance and the amount of bugs is skyrocketing. I've seen infinite amount of posts on this forums with little to no answers, and most are: "what is your computer components". I'm really running out of patience, since this software is not free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About the timing - this is the first time I've seen this happen, but I've seen a lot of similiar topics on this forum before.

I have countless other bugs happening constantly, but I've learned to live with it, since nothing has been done about them for the last 2 years since I started posting on this forum. Yet this one makes it impossible to work. For now, it happened only once and learned by Adobe software quality, I had a backup copy of the file.

No, I do not intent to keep my files in Adobe Cloud since my company policy forbids it. I want my files on my machine, safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JPRM,

we are sorry for the problems you are experiencing, we will try our best to help you. In the meantime, thank you for providing us with all this information. Have you tried to update Adobe XD to version 41.0.12?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JPRM,

is there any news? Do you still need help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines