• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update an existing prototype. Must create a new link.

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running XD 33.1.12.4 and after saving and publishing a prototype, the client makes comments. I go back in to the XD native file to make edits and cannot update the link. I can only create a new link. This forces me to have to supply the client a new link and all the comments made are still on the old link which is unacceptable. One huge frustration is that it defaults to saving to a cloud document, and I ned to save to a local document. So I feel like I have to "Save As Local Document" each time. Every time, forcing me to make a new review link. What am I doing wrong or what bug needs fixed, because this could mean my job if a client fies our agency because of this confusing and awkward proofing process.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

We are sorry for the delay in response. I see there is a similar request raised for Copy/ Export comments here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32591750-easily-select-copy-paste-export-comments

I would suggest submitting your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I see that you have an older version of XD so I'd recommend installing the latest version of XD which is 37.1.

Regarding not getting an option to update the link, could you confirm if the file was first saved as a cloud document when the prototype was published and then later was saved as a local document? If yes, then yes it will ask you to create a new link, as if the location of the file has been changed or the file has been renamed then it will ask you to create a new link.

In case if you want to save the file locally, you can use ⌥⇧⌘S for macOS and Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S for Windows Operating System. So if you are saving the file for the first time, you can save using the shortcut mentioned above. In order to save the changes you can for sure use CTRL+ S and CMND +S and it will not change the location of the saved file.

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particular file was saved first as a local document. However, working remotely forces me to work on the job locally, but then I must also save it to our work server. I figured I would need to save over the server file as that was not the original saved file. But after saving the file in a second location to allow dev team to begin work, if the client has changes, I can no longer "update" the review link generated originally. It now requires a new link. Our agency process is far from perfect, but is there a proceedure that allows me to save the file in two locations and still update the review link? As a follow up, if a new link is needed, is there a way to collect and copy all comments from a previous link and add to a new review link? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are sorry for the delay in response. I see there is a similar request raised for Copy/ Export comments here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32591750-easily-se...

I would suggest submitting your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

<Marking as correct only to highlight>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines