• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change PNG colour

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a new user of Adobe XD, just trying out different things now. How can I change the colour of an icon (PNG file)? I tried many things and it fills the entire rectangle not just the icon. as a very important feature for UX designers I am sure there is a way to do this? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Thanks. I found a solution. SVG format can be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD isn't focused on editing raster images like PNGs -- flattened images composed of pixels, instead of separate editable shape objects.  If you have an icon in that format and you need to recolor it, your best bet is an app focused on image editing, like Photoshop.

In Photoshop you can use commands like Hue Shift or Gradient Map to easily change the color of monochrome icon images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I found a solution. SVG format can be edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or use Sketch, which can colour fill alpha transparency png if you want to colourise raster images. Use SVG if vector 'images' are preferable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines