• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character style properties error

Advisor ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I edit a character style size the propertie values stays the same. Example: I have Arial-23pt and change it to 21pt by editing the size directly from the character style panel. The text changes size but in the character style panel it still says 23pt.

W10. All up to date on everything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

We're so sorry to hear about that. We can surely test this and log a bug however we are unable to reproduce this on our end. If you are not comfortable in sharing a sample file and the video of the workflow, I'd recommend contacting us directly so that we can check it at your machine level what could be causing it. To contact us please head here: https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I tried reproducing this on my end in XD 29.3 on Windows 10 and was unable to reproduce. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of Adobe XD and the Operating System.
  2. Is it happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Will it be possible for you to record a video of what exactly is happening at your end?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD 29.3.32.3

W10. Version 1909. OS build 18363.900

The error I described has been there ever since character style was introduced on and off. It happens on all files. It also appears identicly on both of my machines with same OS and XD version on both.

Sorry, no video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to right-click on the Character style and choose Edit and then it will update the character style and all the text linked to the character style.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your read my post tha's what I'm doing. It doesn't affect the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies I wasn't able to understand the issue in the first go...but it does update the font size of character style panel name/label and updating the text as well on macOS 10.15.5, XD version 29.3.32.3, and Windows 10 Pro - 1909. OS build 18363.900, XD version 29.3.32.3.

Trying reinstalling XD it might fix it.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, tired of re-innstalling XD for every issue under the sun. Shouldn't have to be like that. When re-innstalling XD I loose all my cherry picked plug-ins etc. It's a drag. Do wish Adobe would iterate their software releases better and make sure they operate stable. XD is by far the most unstable application I have tried in the CC system. After the cloud consept came about all the apps have become less stable. I miss the day of the hardcopy version as they were MUCH more stable with less issues. Today Adobe uses us a crashtest dummies and that's terrible when you know what we are paying for the whole suite of programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're so sorry to hear about that. We can surely test this and log a bug however we are unable to reproduce this on our end. If you are not comfortable in sharing a sample file and the video of the workflow, I'd recommend contacting us directly so that we can check it at your machine level what could be causing it. To contact us please head here: https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines