when will the Character Styles bug be fixed?
This worked fine in the old version of Adobe Xd. Now it works randomly. Sometimes you can change selected text by clicking a defined Character Styles and sometimes nothing happens. ?!?!
It is very frustrating. One of the basic options is not working properly.
I attached movie.
This is definetly strange and thanks for sharing the video. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Please upload this XD file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with us or over a private message so that I can escalate the issue to the team for investigation.
Note: Please share the url of this post over a PM for reference.
We will try our best to help.
Today I wanted to try a workaround for this problem https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/roboto-font-from-google-has-different-heights-on-mac-vs-pc/t... but found out that now I can't change all my text objects at once by modify a character style. The only way is to do it one by one for every text object - it's not what I expected, so my workaround will not work. It's very frustrating to work with Adobe XD when it behaves this way - sometimes features work, sometimes they don't.
Oh, I'm sorry, my issue is a bit different - it won't update text objects after I make changes to a character style, not that it won't apply to a new text object.
p.s. For some reason I don't have an ability to edit or delete my posts and comments, so I'm sorry for some frustration.
I'm experiencing the same issue with Character Styles. Is this a new bug?
Experiencing the same problem.
Hi, I have the same problem as well
Same here. Just switched from Sketch to XD and setting up my Design System and no matter what I do, Character styles in my current file (which was imported from Sketch) will not apply.
ok, I think the problem is when you are using styles with a decimal point like 48.5pt
None of my styles are using decimals in the size, line-height or character spacing... I did see some people fix their issues when having decimals and then removing them though.
Ok, So when I edit the font in the character style to use a different typeface it works. I was/am using an .otf font but when I change it to Raleway or Roboto for ex. things work and update as expected.
Going to see if I can get a ttf version of the font I'm using and see if that resolves.
It seems to have helped with net new files. On my existing files if I edit the charater style to a font that works, apply, re-edit the style back to my preferred font it now works.
Hey team I think I may have a workaround solution for this.
If you double-click enough times till you highlight the whole paragraph, then you can apply the 'Character Style' and edit/rename the style however you wish. So if you just select the text using Select (V), withouth double-clicking in to it, it doesn't work. You need to double click so the text/word/paragraph is completely highlighted, then go in to your 'Libraries Panel' and apply the 'Character Style.' That seems to have worked. It's not ideal, but it may help until they fix this properly.
I am experiencing the same issue since the latest update of XD. And I have tried all the tricks that people recommended in the previous discussion, and none of them worked for me. It's 2021 now, has the XD-team finds the solution to this problem yet? THX!
I also have this same problem! Very fraustrating...
I have the same problem as well
Same issue for me too
If I remember correctly, I found that this problem seemed to occur most when I had based character styles on text I had copied and pasted into XD from another application, such as Illustrator. The only fix I could come up with was to create a new instance of the text and style natively within XD, then create my character style from that. That approach seems to work consistently. This may be related to text point sizes that have decimal values versus whole values, which I noticed on some of the imported/pasted text.
Thanks for sharing your experience and solution to the issue. I tried the function as you did, and that solved the problem. I believe Adobe probably had a look at this and released the amended version with the latest updated XD(v36.0.32). Happy to see that it's finally solved! Thanks again!
I had a similiar experience importing from Sketch. All I did to fix it was to right click on the Character Style, select Edit, changed the font to any other font like Arial, and then change it back to the font I wanted. It worked after that.