Character Styles in Adobe Xd are not working properly

Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when will the Character Styles bug be fixed?
This worked fine in the old version of Adobe Xd. Now it works randomly. Sometimes you can change selected text by clicking a defined Character Styles and sometimes nothing happens. ?!?!
It is very frustrating. One of the basic options is not working properly.

I attached movie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Character Styles in Adobe Xd are not working properly

Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when will the Character Styles bug be fixed?
This worked fine in the old version of Adobe Xd. Now it works randomly. Sometimes you can change selected text by clicking a defined Character Styles and sometimes nothing happens. ?!?!
It is very frustrating. One of the basic options is not working properly.

I attached movie.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is definetly strange and thanks for sharing the video. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? Please upload this XD file to a shared location such as Creative Cloud app or Dropbox and share the url with us or over a private message so that I can escalate the issue to the team for investigation.

Note: Please share the url of this post over a PM for reference.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I wanted to try a workaround for this problem https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/roboto-font-from-google-has-different-heights-on-mac-vs-pc/t... but found out that now I can't change all my text objects at once by modify a character style. The only way is to do it one by one for every text object - it's not what I expected, so my workaround will not work. It's very frustrating to work with Adobe XD when it behaves this way - sometimes features work, sometimes they don't.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'm sorry, my issue is a bit different - it won't update text objects after I make changes to a character style, not that it won't apply to a new text object.

p.s. For some reason I don't have an ability to edit or delete my posts and comments, so I'm sorry for some frustration.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 11, 2021 0
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issue with Character Styles. Is this a new bug?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 1
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem as well

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Just switched from Sketch to XD and setting up my Design System and no matter what I do, Character styles in my current file (which was imported from Sketch) will not apply. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0