• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Styles

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update completely got rid of the custom names I created for each character style (H1, H1 Tablet, H1 Mobile) and now I have just the font's name. This is terrible. Any way to fix? I've already reverted back to the previous version.

Will there ever be an update where if I were to select a block of text on the artboard, the character style associated with it gets highlighted? That would be a huge improvement IMO.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to list view in the assets. I had the same issue and deleted all my character styles in frustration only to discover this nuance later. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That was one of the first things I tried but it still just had the font's name 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear that. I can understand your frustration. Is it possible for you to create a short video of the issue so that we can try to replicate it at our end? Please share the OS version of your machine. Is it happening with a specific font or all the fonts?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the main issue is that it's not apparent that you still have access to change/customize the names of the character styles when viewing your assets in "Grid View." You can only see them in "List View."

In Grid, you only see the font family as a preview of what it looks like and the style and size below. When we're trying to organize a design system for other designers, and ourselves, it's more helpful to see the custom names that we've created for our html, font hierarchy for quick application.

Another note, please add "Paragraph Spacing" as an attribute that is stored in the saved character styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will definitely share your feedback with the team. For paragraph spacing, we have seen multiple requests have been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34867711-paragraph... please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to chime in here that this happened to me as well and is extremely frustrating. The name of the style is way more important that a preview of what it looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same problem on new files as well.

I just created a new cloud file and added the document colors/typography to a new library. I don't have an option to name my styles or colors via double-click or right-click menu. 😞
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 1.47.18 PM.png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines