• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud document are taking long time to save in Adobe XD.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe XD had not autosaved my cloud document for nearly 2 hours. I have managed to lose several hours of work even though I have a cloud document link that is up to date. There is no way to check cloud document auto saving settings that I am aware of so I cannot trust cloud documents to save my projects anymore.

My last document save was at 12:45pm.

At 2:42pm, I recieved an error stating that my document has local changes different from the cloud version. I had not touched the local document for around 10 minutes, so I assumed that it hiccuped and I could just reopen the project to remove the error.

This was not the case. Having no warning of when my last save was, I reopened the project only to find out that my project had not saved for nearly 2 hours so I lost my work.

This is a MAJOR problem because there is no way to see this issue without opening the version history constantly.

Because of this, I cannot recommend using cloud documents with Adobe.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble using cloud documents in Adobe XD. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/issue-saving-xd-file-creative-cloud.html? Let us know if that helps.

For immediate assistance, please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html for 1:1 assistance on the same.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Scott, you're right.

Your issues (and those of many others) prove once again that a cloud-based workflow with Adobe tools (and many others as well, to be honest) is an accident waiting to happen. There are just a very few parties dealing with this in a really rock-solid way, and Apple, Microsoft and Adobe aren't among them. The only one I reasonably trust for now is Dropbox, and even that one has its hick-ups. But at least with Dropbox, you're still working on a valid local file.

I know, it sounds promising and tempting, to easily share your file and even collaborate on it simultaneously, use linked Components, Creative Cloud Libraries, and Typekit fonts, be able to access your file from anywhere, having multiple revisions available, and no need for making a back-up.

Yeah ! Really ? Well, not for me.

Specifically with Adobe, there are too many flaws and bugs, and they're mostly related to vague performance of cloud access in general, and/or prone to trouble with the authentication of an account. These are caused by all kinds of technical issues: network bandwith, latency, and time-outs, intermittent or no internet connection, changes in network architecture and/or addressing, firewalls, etc. Especially when working mobile, you continuously run into numerous of these issues. Adobe still needs to massively improve their technologies with regards to all these aspects and cases of re-establishing cloud connection and authentication. And for as long as this doesn't work 100% for sure, I'm not going to rely on any cloud-based feature for any serious work. After 7 years of Adobe Creative Cloud, there are still too many "oops" occassions in this area, to be able to trust in it.  

Even a stability of 99,9% means that once in a thousand instances, cloud access fails, and there's a real risk of your precious file getting mangled, corrupted, or otherwise hindered in working smoothly. Does that sound stable enough to you ? Then tell me, how often do you need to wait longer than expected to see some CC Library element popping up ? How often does the dialogue for creating or saving a new file take a long time to appear ? How many times a week do you need to tell any Adobe application (desktop, mobile, or web-based) again who you are ? How many times does it seem that your applications won't run because you're not logged in properly ? How many times did you hit some "remember me" athentication option, to find out later on that it just didn't ? How long is your list of text messages from Adobe with a new log-in code ? Still rely on feeling lucky ?

Developers need to work on it, harder !

I'm sorry that you lost hours of work...

tog doodzonde never.jpg

Mr. Bruce Tognazinni (and me), one of the principals at the renowned NN/G, standing next to a banner quoting one of his ground rules...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines