• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud documents endlessly syncing, not opening

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today I can't open my cloud document properly anymore. 
The file gets loaded and then shows a popover with "syncing". 
This popover stays open forever (I left it running for 1 hour) and the file can't be accessed. 

This means I'm blocked from my professional work and can't access my files anymore!

TOPICS
Open and save docs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

@alexanderd94316173, I did not do anything special to get Sync version 4.7.0.1. I assume the app updated to this version automatically (I have enabled the setting to 'Aways keep Creative Cloud up to date').

I found a workaround for the endless sync problem that worked for me. It might work for others as well.

1. Open the Creative Cloud desktop app.
  2. Go to the Your Work / Cloud Documents tab and select the file with the syncing issue
  3. Duplicate the file by selecting the button on the right hand side
    CCloud desktop app - duplicate file.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try the steps shared below:

1. Sign out of XD and Adobe CC Desktop app.

2. Close CoreSync and all Adobe related process from the Task Manager/Activity Monitor.

3. Sign back in on the Adobe CC Desktop app and launch XD from there and check how it works.

If this doesn't help, please share a screenshot of About XD info page and the OS details, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishab, 

I tried all the steps above, but still the document is endlessly syncing, when trying to open it. 
Here is a screenshot of the About page (I guess that's what you meant with info page?):

alexanderd94316173_0-1613470778037.png

I use Windows 10 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps, Alexander! It looks like the creative cloud sync is not up to date, so could you please try the steps to update the CC Desktop app: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/fix-issues-with-xd-cloud-documents.ug.html#unable-to-create-open-cloud...

Please update the CC Desktop app and try other suggestions shared in the article and let us know if that helps or if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. 
I tried all the steps you suggested, but the file still can't sync. 

This is very troublesome, since it's a Design System linked in dozens of files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying. Please ensure that the Creative Cloud Sync version should be 4.7.0.1 and in case if it still doesn't work, will it be possible for you to share the actual file and the system logs(https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html) and add them to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and DM me the link by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending the DM, please add this discussion link in the subject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yesterday I deinstalled all Adobe products, creative cloud and removed all left over processes by hand.

Thus making sure nothing of Adobe is left on my computer.

Then I reinstalled Creative Cloud and Adobe XD.

Even with this clean install, I don't get the sync version you described. How is it possible to update to this version?

alexanderd94316173_0-1613638328068.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexander,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in these articles: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud updates.html,  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html and see if that helps?

If it doesn't, please get in touch with us directly here"https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and initiate a chat with our assisted support so that they can remote into your system and help you further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have exactly the same issue as the OP. It happened today after updating to v37.1.32. I can't open a specific shared cloud document because XD get's stuck in an endless sync.

I've tried all the steps in this thread, and in the linked articles, but nothing has helped. I am already running Creative Cloud Sync version 4.7.0.1

Please can someone advise how to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried everything, as you. Nothing worked. 
I ended up downloading the cloud document from the creative cloud website and creating a new document with the content. It did lead to even more issues, but at least I didn't loose the work from many years. 

I'm wondering how you managed to get Creative Cloud Sync version 4.7.0.1. 
I tried everything, updating/deinstalling/reinstalling/manually deleting every part of adobe on my computer. 
It's very sad and concerning that Adobe products are so unreliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@alexanderd94316173, I did not do anything special to get Sync version 4.7.0.1. I assume the app updated to this version automatically (I have enabled the setting to 'Aways keep Creative Cloud up to date').

I found a workaround for the endless sync problem that worked for me. It might work for others as well.

1. Open the Creative Cloud desktop app.
  2. Go to the Your Work / Cloud Documents tab and select the file with the syncing issue
  3. Duplicate the file by selecting the button on the right hand side
    CCloud desktop app - duplicate file.png

4. Rename original file (e.g. add a suffix so you know it is the problem file)

5.Rename duplicate file to original name

6. Test that the duplicate file opens without the syncing issue by pressing the open button in the same right hand menu.

7. Share file with any collaborators who need access. N.B. I had removed any collaborators from the original file before I duplicated it. I'm not sure if this is important.

8. This is the part that surprised me - when i checked the link settings in the Share section of the desktop XD app, I found that the original link had also been duplicated. This meant i could just update the link and I did not need to republish the file and share a new link with all the stakeholders.

Honestly, this and other cloud issues have been happening for years now. I don't think it's acceptable for Adobe to release buggy immature features for such core functionality. I'm fed up with being an involuntary beta tester when this is a paid licence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone at Adobe please help me with this same issue, just did the latest update and now I cant open files. Who do I email or talk to about this? I am trying to run a business and now I cant work.

David Peters

david@roofbundle.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a resolution to this? I also checked the forums, and tried to all the suggestions. It's killing our productivity, I'm about ready to move eveything over to another design tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue all of a sudden, it's our design system files i am the owner I am not able to do any XD work or open any XD files or sync. Moreover, the CoreSync process is no more running. I am on MAC re-started and have done all the clearing steps many times still the same issue is happening. this is killing me as we are in mid of sprint and i am not able to work on anything publish design or open files!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines