Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud file blank

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was working on a cloud XD file and the power went down.

After a few hours the power came back and I was happy because I knew that I had my work on the cloud and it was autosaved.

The file is there, the thumbnail looks good but when I click on it shows an error for a split second which is replaced with another popup that says "There's a newer version of this document. Changes were made on another device....". I didn't do any changes on another device. The options on the popup are Save as... and Accept Changes. Both of these generate empty new documents on cloud or on my computer.

That document has a lot of work on it. And I'm sure that the file actually has a decent version inside (before showing errors I can see the artboards for a split second) but I can't download XD files straight from the cloud. The only option that it has is "delete".

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if either of these will help but:

1. In other threads there are suggestions to look at the Open Recent list.

2. Is the Revert to Saved active or greyed out?

Have you tried either of these from the Menu yet?

It may also help others if you let us know which OS and XD version you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjaani

Thanks for your answer.

1. I tried opening the xd file through the Open Recent but it goes into the same errors.

2. After I click on Accept Changes or Save As is creates a blank file. That file has Revert to Saved greyed out.

- I am using Windows 10

- XD v 19.1.22.6

Is there a way for me to download the original file from the cloud? without having to use Save As?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If yo opening Xd cloud file in Adobe Xd then you can save it locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ares, thanks for your answer.

That would be easy but when I open the cloud file I get this popup. Before this pop up it shows an error popup for a split second.

Untitled-1.jpg

- Save as... Creates an blank file on my pc

- Accept changes creates another blank file on the cloud

So basically I cannot access the original file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to your Creative Cloud files via the desktop app, do a direct download onto your system, then try opening the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sjaani,

I saw there is a Files tab in the desktop app which opens synced files but I can't see the XD files there. And I can't sync them from the cloud area.

If you know how I can do that please tell me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I'm thinking you might need to get Adobe to see if they can access the file for you if you're not able to find it or save it yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologize for your experience. If the solutions provided by the experts here haven't helped, and if you have also not been successful in accessing the file from another computer, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines