• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CMD+Double-Clicking a group now selects back-most layer

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was changed in the most recent software update, 23.1.32.2.

It's frustrating and unexpected. As an example, I have a group with a list item including text on a white rectangle. If I CMD+Double-Click the text, the box is selected, though my mouse hovers the text. The text should be selected, and then entered into for editing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. CMD + Double Click no longer will enter edit mode for text. Instead, the background layers are being selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where CMD + Double Click does NOT work:
It fails on any text box that is in the same hierarchical tree as the current selection.

For example, if you have a Group whose parent is the artboard, and you currently have selected a child, grandchild, etc. element in that group, then CMD + [Double Click] will not work on any textboxes (regardless of hierarchical level) in that whole Group.

Where CMD + [Double Click] does work:

If you have two Groups whose parents are the artboard—let's name them Group 1 and Group 2—and your current selection is an element in Group 1, then, CMD + [Double Click] will enter edit mode of textboxes in Group 2. (And as we said before, it will not work for text boxes in Group 1, where you are currently selected).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Adobe, please acknowledge this bug.

It makes it frustrating to edit text boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, please address this bug. Here is what happens when you CMD+[Double Click] to try to edit a text box:

Nov-04-2019 11-36-54.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry for the confusion. The keyboard shortcut command + click is used to select through overlapping layers, so if you press command and double click it will jump to the next layer.

For more info, please check out this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/keyboard-shortcuts.html

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Harhika, I did not realize they had replaced this shortcut. That is too bad they couldnt' have used a different shortcut key to cycle through layers rather than eliminating the pre-existing quick-edit shortcut for editing text boxes. It now makes it more tedious to do one of the most common tasks in XD: editing the contents of a text box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines