• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Co-authoring disables text editing in v24

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enable co-authoring in my xd files, it makes the text tool stop working. I can't select existing text or create new text boxes. Closing and re-opening the document works most of the time to reset the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The co-editing feature is in beta mode, it is likely to have issues. Your using XD on which OS. Because I worked with XD v24 on macOS 10.15.1 and it works fine.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using MacOS 10.15.1 and I do expect there to be bugs. I'm not sure what variable is causing the issue and it's more nuisance than blocker so I'm reporting it here for Adobe's sake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robl10801465, 

Sorry that you're having trouble with text tool in XD. When it happens next, could you please try to shift focus from Adobe XD to another app and get back to XD and check if that works.

I'd also request you collect the logs from your machine using this link: - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

You may upload the logs to CC or Dropbox and share the link via private message. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for reaching out. I tried changing focus and that didn't work. I closed and reopened the file and that fixed the issue. I uploaded the log file using the log collector tool. Here's the file name: AdobeLogs_20191106_091539_697-mac.zip 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing the details. We would need a few more details like-

• Would you mind sharing a short video of the workflow that you're following?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Text bug screen recording 

Here you go. Let me know if you have issues accessing the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines