• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Collaboration]-Error "Coediting is unavailable while offline" after enabling coediting in XD.

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe XD in corporate network that is using a proxy. The app works fine and saves files in cloud, but when I enable coediting feature (which is mandatory for us) Adobe XD shows a connection error like if I'm offline.

With IT dep. I've tried to listen to Adobe XD in order to find which endpoint calls this particular function but none of them was denied by the proxy.

Which features are required for using this feature? Could be a web socket problem? What can I ask to IT to setup in order to solve this problem?

Thanks

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Riccard,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble using XD in enterprise enviornment. Would you mind confirming if you have asked your IT team to enable all the network endpoint required to run XD from this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html & share your results with us?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I've asked IT dep. to check if all XD endpoints are on whitelist. I'll write back whenever I get their result.

If the answer is positive (like i think) what can I check or do to try to address this issue?

Thanks

Bests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for checking with the team. Let us know if they have already enabled the network endpoints and issue still persists.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've spoken with IT and firewall manager. It seems that Adobe XD tries to access the network without using proxies. Proxies are fine by the way.

My Mac is correctly configured, I've checked the configuration shown on these links:

https://helpx.adobe.com/it/download-install/using/proxy-authentication-support.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/it/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-libraries-panel-doesn-t-load-in-desktop-...

It seems that Adobe XD when using coediting tries to reach amazonaws.com without using proxies.

Is there a way to force Adobe XD to not bypass proxies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that connections to amazonaws.com started from Adobe XD are bypassing the proxy.

In order to fix this bug permanently it has to be fixed in Adobe XD software. IT can write rules in firewall in order to patch for now the behaviour but we need to know all amazonaws endpoints the app calls because changes every few hours.

So far we have found 3 endpoints:

ec2-52-22-24-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com

ec2-54-82-212-175.compute-1.amazonaws.com

ec2-34-198-253-93.compute-1.amazonaws.com

Obviously there are many more but there is a way to know them or have a pattern to follow or IP classes? Here we need to be very accurate with connections and firewalls rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to wildcard these as *compute*.amazonaws.com.

However, after adding these as firewall exceptions, is the issue resolved?  If still encountering a problem, would you mind sharing some logs using the following tool?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Winston for your reply.

I've spoken to the firewall manager and he told me this, I'm directly quoting him.

“Because of our Security Policies we are not allowed to exit directly from our PCs toward the Internet, we must always use the configured proxyes.

The problem rises when Adobe XD do not use the proxy configured end try to exit directly to the internet, like I said this is not allowed.

We need you to fix this problem ASAP because cannot go on working”.

It seems to be an Adobe XD bug. Is it solvable?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please clarify whether you're able to add an exception for the wildcard address above and can confirm that doing so resolved the original issue you posed about, where XD is showing a message about being offline. I'd like to understand whether this is the confirmed root cause of the problem before taking any further steps. Sharing logs, requested previously would also be beneficial to help isolate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I misunderstood some comments above. You'll need to configure firewall exceptions for all the following endpoints in order for the cloud document and coediting features of XD to work: https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Winston for your reply,

unfortunately our firewall is not aple to add string wildcards but only whitelist IPs. Whitelisting the IPs associatyed to the endpoints mentioned some comments above the problem seem partially solved and only if Adobe XD pings these endpoints, when it pings others amazonaws endpoints the problem is still there.

I'll use log app as you suggested before but I think that because the coediting is in beta it has not all the "proxy" features of others in the app. Do you think coediting will be using proxy features after the beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work as expected with a new cloud document (not coediting enabled), or does it fail for that as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With no coediting enabled it works just fine. The problem is only with the coediting feature unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your company rightfully uses firewalls and proxies to prevent any uinappropriate internet access, and they're obviously very strict about it. Adobe applications and services have their requirements regarding network access, but they're also very clear about it. There just has to be some retsricted and regulated form of open access, otherwise you're stuck.

Use this list of endpoints to be whitelisted in your firewall settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/network-endpoints.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: the co-editing feature is still in "beta", so if anything goes wrong, Adobe is in no way liable for any damages. Please refrain from using such software or features if you're not sure about the implications of your use and the consequences of any possible bugs or errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for your detailed reply.

Do you think coediting will be using proxy features after the beta?

Unfortunately for the whitelisting, our firewall is not aple to add string wildcards but only whitelist IPs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea. The reasons for Adobe to (technically) design and facilitate certain services is totally up to them. And whether it will be following the user's needs and requests, or their own privacy and security policies, or just mimicks whatever any competing app is doing in the marketplace, that's a mystery...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines