• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Collaboration]-How to recover the file when changes aren't visible in the file in XD?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem today when my laptop froze and I had to hold in the button to do a hard restart.

I had been working on an Adobe XD file which autosave revoered as I saw the * next to the filename in the recent file list.

When Adobe XD attempted to open the file it cam up with an error message saying it couldn;t load the file.

I then closed XD and reopened and my file was there without the asterix. I opened the file and it was the original copy I had made a few days ago.

Where can I find the file which was autosaved? If it saves every few minutes then surely there should be a temporary file I can recover which will contain my recent work?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Open and save docs , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand your concern. You may try checking the version history of the file as mentioned in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col... and see which version of the file has the recent work and then you can copy paste the work from the file in to the current version of the file. 

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunatley the file was on my PC not in the cloud so there is no version history available.

As there is no option to save files to your PC in the free version of XD anymore, I will make sure I make different version copies of my file in Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines