• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Collaboration]-How to save a file to an older version of XD in a closed network?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have work colleagues using an older version of XD - I am using the latest version. I need to export files to the older version they are using. How do I do this?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Hey Karen,

Currently, this feature is unavailable in XD.

You may consider sharing your idea here and also get it voted so that it can be taken into consideration - Adobe XD Feedback: Feature Requests & Bugs.

Regards.

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Hi there,

We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the feature is not available yet. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38322424-save-as-older-version. We would request you to please submit your feedback & upvote the request to add your voice. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a freelance designer using my own machines, so the opposite case to recent posters, but also held hostage by the lack of backwards compatibility.

A non-design colleague running a more recent version of XD just did some content editing in my files and sent them back to me, and I can no longer access them.

I can't upgrade to the latest XD because I can't upgrade my operating system to the required version. I have an old mac running 10.12.6 and I have already lost one machine, a mac mini, that was rendered unusably slow when I upgraded it to the 10.15.  So I am down to only one machine and can't risk having to buy a new computer. All because he has no way to save the XD file to an older version. Insanely infuriating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the feature is not available yet. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38322424-save-as-o.... We would request you to please submit your feedback & upvote the request to add your voice. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 404!

Adobe, you are losing a lot of clients with this issue.
XD not working anymore? => https://www.photopea.com

Realy insane Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think they are forcing people to upgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's crazy. Why make a program noone can use files on even if it is from the same program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround which works for me. Export all artboards to SVG, create new file in xd (old version) then drag and drop svgs to it. Exept for losing any prototype setup and the fact you need to do some cleanup,  everything is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use our service to exactly do that https://xd2sketch.com/open-xd-file-old-corrupted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines