• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Collaboration]-How to save a file to an older version of XD in a closed network?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have work colleagues using an older version of XD - I am using the latest version. I need to export files to the older version they are using. How do I do this?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Hey Karen,

Currently, this feature is unavailable in XD.

You may consider sharing your idea here and also get it voted so that it can be taken into consideration - Adobe XD Feedback: Feature Requests & Bugs.

Regards.

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Hi there,

We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, the feature is not available yet. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38322424-save-as-older-version. We would request you to please submit your feedback & upvote the request to add your voice. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Karen,

Currently, this feature is unavailable in XD.

You may consider sharing your idea here and also get it voted so that it can be taken into consideration - Adobe XD Feedback: Feature Requests & Bugs.

Regards.

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! Can you fix this 🙂 It's a big problem in our school...

Our school doesn't always update things , they only do it once a year.

imagine creating projects at school, bringing home then when it's presenting time it can't be opened... It's frustrating as can be. 😞 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To better understand your situation, can you answer the following questions for me?

• Is there a reason as to why your peers have not upgraded to the latest version of Adobe XD?
  • What happens when you try to open the file you created in their version of Adobe XD?
  • Have you used any feature from the latest version in your file that wasn't supported in the previous version of Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just updated to the latest version available in the US, my colleague is in Venezuela and she updated to the latest version available over there but when comparing versions my latest seems to be way more versions ahead, do you offer different versions to different markets? i would say you should let users know about this differences in features.

one idea we had was to add her to my adobe xd plan and have her download latest version offered with my plan but if the latest version is associated with wherever the download IP is located as opposed to the billing address it won’t solve the problem.

Do you have an idea on versions / markets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cynthiaf,

The latest version we have is Adobe XD 16. You may update Adobe Creative Cloud using this link: - Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud.​ Please share the version which your colleague is using so that we may assist you appropriately.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do not offer different versions to different markets. Are you on Enterprise versions of the software? Is your friend not able to install Adobe XD 16 on her computer?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is one year ago, any news the same problems still exist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too facing the same problem, In my case XD asking me to update my mac OS but the hardware is not supporting me to update my Mac Os so i stuck,.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has become an issue for me too. I updated XD on my mac and it turns out my colleagues on Windows cannot open the file in their version of XD and they cannot update either since they're not in Win10 creators yet and are not likely to be for some time.

I saved many files to the new version before realizing this and I am now left with a big problem of having to potentially revert the Mac version and re-creating my files again if I want to be able to collaborate with my colleagues.

Not cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback. I will check with the team to see if there are any alternative solutions.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Can you focus on fixing this 🙂 The problem still persist. People in our company and remote workers is having problem in accessing files.. Not all people have fast internet that can update things quickly esp if its a major update.. It's really a hassle and time consuming thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason as to why your colleagues aren't updating their OS? Is it the cost factor, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a very large corporation - Infosys Ltd - with over 200,000 employees. We have a strict process for sw upgrades that causes delays, especially for our teams in India. Our UX team of about 150 designers in India is behind those of us in the US and Europe. So this is a process issue - not uncommon in large organizations. This issue is slowing down the adoption of XD across our Digital Design practice (within Infosys).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per Karen, I am part of a large global company developing a multitude of complex software. Upgrading the OS has to be done across the board and in a controlled fashion, as it can have massive impact, as we found when we first tried to roll out W10 creators update and found it caused us problems. Hence upgrade to Creators update is on hold and in the meantime those of us on MacOS (who have updated to latest XD) cannot collaborate with those on W10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Karen and François we are under strict corporative rules for OS updating and even Adobe Creative Update. Without an administrative password we can´t update anything. Due to IT Policies this is common in large corporations and isn´t uncommon a lot of machines using a older version of the software because is not authorized to update.

This option to save files in a older version as we can do in Illustrator and Indesign (IDML) is used everyday in our workflow. We have some resistance to XD because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emviana, 

We understand that this could definitely be the important feature for your workflow. We have seen a similar requets has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38322424-save-as-o...

We would request you to please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue.  I upgraded to take advantage of new features and to do so I ended up installing XD in a VMWare instance running windows 10 Developers Edition that I have running on my machine.  None of my coworkers can open the XD files that I create or edit in the newer version of XD and it doesn't seem like I can go back to that earlier version.  My coworkers don't have access to additional VM's and our local machines haven't been upgraded to the newest windows 10 and will likely not be getting upgraded in the near future.  There has to be some way to make new XD compatible with older versions of windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SGTMcClain,

Thanks for using Adobe XD. I see that there is a similar request raised for this feature here: - Open XD files in older versions – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs. Please vote for this feature with your comments and update this discussion in case you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I've got the same issue here.

I've got a 2009 Mac Pro in my office, wich is working totally fine, running OS X El Capitan.

At home I use a 2017 MacBook pro with Mojave. I updated XD on the MacBook yesterday and worked on some files.

But now I can't open them in the offie. This seems to be a huge issue cause the newest version of XD requires Sierra, which does not run on a 2009 Mac. Are my files "lost" now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got similar issues like you. 2009 mac and finally can't open XD from my colleague's revised files. Huge delayed but waiting for new iMac which took 3 weeks to arrive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The laest update has too many bugs. I wish to return to the previous version cos now I can not share the project with my client...it doesn't work well in the browser. Previous version didn't have such problems...but I can't go back cos  it won't open the newest file....This is a nightmare ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im the Program Manager of the Graphic Design Program at Broward College. While using XD for classroom projects students using the latest updated versions cant open projects on the coleges computers. To install the latest versions on 60 classroom computers is an impossible task, (Versions are so frequent and 4 hours of open lab time is required to install). One time an update caused a kernal panic requiring a 48 hour long process to reimage all the computers! Why cant XD like ALL other Adobe Products have at least some backward compatibility!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem as @rmccawley, I teach in a graphic design and web development program. Computers are only re-imaged between semesters. Now I am unable to share my XD work.

There should be some backwards compatibility. Or at least a shareable format like for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. This software should be replaced with something that works or merged into another program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines