• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Collaboration]-While Coediting child files showing as broken link & relink is not working in XD.

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have known better than to use the cloud to host a linked file - the Adobe Server ALWAYS has issues!

I should have also known better than to use a Beta feature : Co-editing. Adobe's Beta releases are never properly tested!

So here's my issue... 

I created and linked master stylesheet to use across a number of designs in a project (multiple.xd files).

I saved this master stylesheet to the Creative Cloud server and then added my designer to co-edit. 

My designer was able to access the master stylesheet and also edit it with no problems. 

When I tried to work on the same files, I am getting broken links from the files to the  the stylesheet. 

I have tried downloading the file locally and relinking the components and other assets but when I click 'relink'... nothing happens.

My designer has not changed any settings and the child files link fine for him. I am also still owner of the file, so not sure why I am having the issues but he's not! 

I have already tried phoning support and they were absolutely useless.... They told me they didn't have an answer so they'd have to call me back! Super frustrating!!!

Has anyone else had the same and manage to work out a solution? 

Thanks in advance! 

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Data loss , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelly,

Sorry for the bad experience with XD. We woud like to know a few more details in order to investigate about the issue like-

• Are you both using the same version of XD?
  • Are all the links broken, or is it happening with some specific component?

Would you ming trying to copy the design into a new file and then try to relink it? Let us know if that helps. We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Are you both using the same version of XD?

YES

• Are all the links broken, or is it happening with some specific component?

THIS IS HAPPENING WITH ALL COMPOMNENTS AND STYLES 

Would you ming trying to copy the design into a new file and then try to relink it? Let us know if that helps. We will try our best to help.

I'VE TRIED THIS BUT IT'S ONLY WORKING ON THE COMPONENTS. NONE OF COLORS OR STYLE ARE BEING RECOGNIZED IN THE CHILD FILES. 

I HAVE HUNDREDS OF FONT STYLES AND COLORS - HOW CAN THIS BE RESOLVED??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional information. Would you mind confirming if it's happening with all the files or with this specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your frustration, and apologize for it. If you are OK with us contacting you for further investigation, can you send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a direct message. Click my profile and use the Message option.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent you a message as suggested and got no call. 

I've been on the phone to various agents and NO ONE can sort this out. 

I need a resolution immediately or I will cancel my subscription. 

Adobe is no longer worth the headache for the £50 a month I pay for the whole Creative Suite. There are better and cheaper products out there now.  This is an absolute joke.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hear that the team contacted you, and you decided to save the file locally instead of saving to the cloud. I do understand that the solution is not ideal andif you are OK with us contacting you for further investigation, do let us know.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines