Color doesn't look good while exporting artboard as PNG in XD.

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my artboard theres an image on a black background. To have the image smoothly merge to black I lay a color gradient from black to invisible above it. In XD it lokks great. If I export the Artboard to a PNG it looks wrong: I still see the edge of the image. See attached image!

I wish there is a "Save to Web" dialogue like in Photoshop! And color management (look at the hand. The color is wrong!)

<The title was edited by moderator>

TOPICS
Error, Import and export, Missing feature, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color doesn't look good while exporting artboard as PNG in XD.

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my artboard theres an image on a black background. To have the image smoothly merge to black I lay a color gradient from black to invisible above it. In XD it lokks great. If I export the Artboard to a PNG it looks wrong: I still see the edge of the image. See attached image!

I wish there is a "Save to Web" dialogue like in Photoshop! And color management (look at the hand. The color is wrong!)

<The title was edited by moderator>

TOPICS
Error, Import and export, Missing feature, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 17, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geshons,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear that you're facing issue while exporting artboard as PNG through Adobe XD. 

Please try unchecking the Fill option available on the right hand side under appearance, and then try exporting artboard as PNG.

clipboard_image_0.png

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
Participant ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, thanks for your answer. No that does not help. If I drag it into the webbrowser window the border is still visible. The PNG has no color profile attached if I open it in Photoshop. When I assign "Adobe RGB" color profile the border is no more visible. After that I have to convert into sRGB to use it safely in the web. I'm afraid if I design a Website and want to export 100 assets that I have to reopen all and change the profile …

I think the problem is that XD has no color management? And everyone (with no AdobeRGB working color-space or in the web) will see the border. So XD have to attach the profile AND there must be the possibility to convert into sRGB. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I have found a similar request regarding color management.

Here is the link: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man... please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2019 0