• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors in Characters Styles

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I create a character styles in assets without applying color?

if I apply a character style to any text and then change the text color, the style reset

And I must dublicate the same character style but with different color

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

If I got you correctly, this is the feature request you are looking for Use Character Styles to edit fonts regardless of color – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Assuming that I am right, can you upvote this feature request to stay tuned to the notifications? You can also create a new feature request using the link I provided above.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moook.adobe,

Thanks for using Adobe XD, characters would have some colour when you'll save it as a symbol. You may uncheck fill to remove colour from the text.

Now, about using that character style with multiple colours. You would have to ungroup symbols as mentioned here: - Linked symbols to make changes on individual elements basis.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

colors.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why apply color from styles to text? May be better to apply character style and then choose color from pallet. Will this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because there will be too many character styles in huge projects and when i want to edit some font size in whole project, i must to choose needed styles for me and edit them, although I could edit one in whole project. For example in screenshot i want edit font size from 16px to 15px...it would be more convenient to edit one style instead of six

styles.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I got you correctly, this is the feature request you are looking for Use Character Styles to edit fonts regardless of color – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Assuming that I am right, can you upvote this feature request to stay tuned to the notifications? You can also create a new feature request using the link I provided above.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moook.adobe is so right, I'm amazed that Adobe engineers/designers couldn't foresee this problem happening. You can look at Afinitty Designer if you need solutions, they came up with way better global styles implementation than you have (after countless updates to XD). So much for being speedy using XD. At least we have voice prototyping /s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's June 3, 2020, and this is still the problem. I'm curious if Xd product teams use competitior's softwares for comparison & inspiration. If they do, why is this never changed or they never found this annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

January 2024. Still an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One solution I did for this limitation is to make the text a component, then apply the color change on its instance. This way when I need to change the character style I'll just go to the main component and change the style there. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines