• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comments are gone from previously published prototypes??

Explorer ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a design prototype an published the link. Here's the link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/54f46208-b837-4511-6d6a-4c6ec03f050d-22c5/

I shared it with co-workers and we all added a bunch of comments, but now when I go back to that link the comments are gone?

I created the prototype using this workflow: Publish your prototype and/or design spec and share it with stakeholders by providing a web link.

Do I need to create a new link? I have a lot of useful, necessary information in those comments and I need them back.

Thanks,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Sorry this is happening, our engineering team is looking into the issue. Could you try unchecking the "Allow Comments" checkbox, clicking "Update", then checking "Allow Comments" and updating again (basically turning it off and on again )?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you by any chance uncheck "Allow Comments" in the popup dialog when you share the prototype?

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 5.00.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's still selected. Below is what I see when I copy the link from the "Publish Prototype" tab and paste into a URL. The page just has the option to make the view full-screen or sign out.

Adobe XD CC 2018-05-03 07.57.49.png

saratech.com - engineering services prototype - Google Chrome 2018-05-03 07.58.42.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saratech,

I had the same problem 2 times. I'm working with a big Client and they send me lot of comments! Do you figure it out how to solve it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

diegocostantini​ would you be able to share your prototype link with me? Some of our engineers are looking into the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is above in my original post.

Here's the link: https://xd.adobe.com/view/54f46208-b837-4511-6d6a-4c6ec03f050d-22c5/

I gave my Adobe ID and phone number to Ankushr but have not heard from him.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced this today as well with a project I published last week. I and a collaborator both added comments in the middle of the week.  On Friday, I referred to the comments to create and modify some specs. Today (Monday), the comments are no longer visible.

I can still see five of the comments in my Creative Cloud Notifications (there were substantially more than five), but they aren't showing up in the published project pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so it looks like it's not only me. I have four project files that this has happened to. I sent them all out for review, comments were made and now there gone. Still waiting for Adobe to respond from back on May 3rd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this is happening, our engineering team is looking into the issue. Could you try unchecking the "Allow Comments" checkbox, clicking "Update", then checking "Allow Comments" and updating again (basically turning it off and on again )?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuart-k  wrote

Could you try unchecking the "Allow Comments" checkbox, clicking "Update", then checking "Allow Comments" and updating again (basically turning it off and on again )?

I tried this and I can now see the comments again.

Thanks!

(FWIW, I required a password on my published prototype.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that worked! Thanks. I should've thought of that. Yea, unchecking, updating and rechecking allow comments worked. All of the comments are back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Saratech+Marketing  wrote

I should've thought of that.

If I had thought of it, I wouldn't have tried it. I wasn't sure whether re-publishing a prototype would keep the comments....

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem. I received an email notification that shows the comments but only some of the comments are showing up on the prototype. I tried turning the comments on and off and updating the link but it made a new instance of the prototype without any comments. Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try reaching out to Adobe on their support page directly or try contacting Stuart-K above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Elizabeth - Can you please add link to the prototype you're seeing problesm with to the following to this post in User Voice? Client Comments Lost! – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks!

Nina

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I just sent you the link. Most of the comments are showing today(except for at least two, but not a big deal). Thanks for looking into this.

Best,

Elizabeth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See stuart-k's answer below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines