• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Common practices XD<->AE to mobile app prototyping

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have 0 experience in XD. I teach Ae course and my students create prototypes in XD/Sketch/Figma in a UI course. I wish to know how can they enhance their UI prototyping using Ae animations and micro-interactions. 

doing some reading in the resource files I see XD cannot import video or animations: Gif, mp4, json - is unsupported, so is there any way at all they can embed pre-maid Ae animations in XD? Because the only other option I see for enhancing their UI prototyping seems to be capturing a recording of the mobile screen as they use the app they made, then imprting that video to Ae and there adding stuff to it OR export the layout from XD to AE and doing the whole animation there... this of course means it's a Video - no more user interaction.

In light of all that, any advice on best practices to maintain flexibility and efficiency in prototyping in XD with help of Ae would be appreciated.

thanks 

TOPICS
Import and export , Missing feature , Plug-ins , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Hi Roei,

Welcome to the Adobe XD Community!.

Yes you are correct, importing videos or gifs into XD is not possible as of now. You may upvote this request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-videos-animated-gifs-to-show-in-interacti and add your voice to it.

Your workaround solution is also right to export the layout to After Effects & create animations from scratch. However you can use auto-animate feature and multiple tri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roei,

Welcome to the Adobe XD Community!.

Yes you are correct, importing videos or gifs into XD is not possible as of now. You may upvote this request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12924336-import-vi... and add your voice to it.

Your workaround solution is also right to export the layout to After Effects & create animations from scratch. However you can use auto-animate feature and multiple triggers for advanced interactions in XD. Please see this post for reference: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/multiple-triggers-for-advanced-interactions/td-p/10703674 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Harshika,

I added my vote. So I can conclude that after all my research, there is no way to import animations/video to xd (or same kind of apps even) and if I want to enhance the demo (with things more complex than what XD has) I can only create a video which is not interactive and I can resort to 2 options:
1. Record the screen as I preview the demo in these apps, then in Ae I can on top/next it add additional things
2. Export the demo screens and artwork to Ae and create the animations there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines