• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Completely unusable and unstable after .34 update on Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Adobe XD for 3 years now and the recent update made my XD completely unusable and unstable.

I cant zoom without a massive lag delay, I cant work on any of my files without my laptop grinding to a halt. Its extremely unstable and I cant evn roll back to an older version because the files wont open. This is COMPLETLY unacceptable for Adobe to publish a update without testing it on various systems AND there is no workaround. As a UI/UX designer I work in XD every single day. I have tried to restart, checked for latest driver and system updates, nothing helps.  I had to roll back my Illustrator and my After Effects because of performance issues.

Spec:

• Asus ROG Strix G731GW
  • OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
  • Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU
  • RAM 16.0 GB
  • 1TB NvMe SSD
  • Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070
TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issues with the latest update.

XD uses up 100% of CPU and RAM and makes working absolutely impossible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs: 

HP 250 G7

Intel Core i7-1065G7 @ 1.30 GHz 1.50 GHz

16 GB RAM

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same issues as well with the latest update, the most frustrating thing is CTRL + Z stop working during design time so for that, I have to restart the XD for it. and also the same for the updating text it doesn't show the cursor some time so for it I Add new tab on my chrome browser and close it instantly and there you go -.- what crap is that, we need to resolve it for batter XP.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue even so I have twice as much RAM (32 GB) - it still uses all available RAM, writes 50+ GB to Windows Pagefile.sys and still crashes after 20-30 minutes trying to open the file. You can have a laugh at my screenshot - for me it was both funny and depressing - I just updated to a new more powerful machine half a year ago and it still can't run Adobe XD. https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/other-adobe-xd-needs-a-lot-of-optimization/m-p/10830834

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I'm sorry, I've copied the wrong link to the current issue https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-ram-issues-again/td-p/11531050?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind updating XD to the current version i.e 34.1 and let us know if you're still experiencing the issue? If yes, please share the logs using the log collector tool:- https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and along with the files which are consuming memory, upload them to a shared location such as Creative Cloud or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

Note: Please add the url of the post over a PM for reference.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I did already two days ago when the update arrived. Sadley, it didn't help. Went back to 33 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that. Could you please collect logs from your machine after installing 34.1 version and share with me over a private message? Also, please share the XD file that is causing the problem. This will help me escalate the issue to the team for investigation.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience exactly the same thing.
It’s terribly outrageous because I’ve been working with this software in my main job for at least 3 years. What happened to the software ??

(Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050Ti, 32GB RAM, Windows 10, 1TB SSD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been sorted and if so, how? Driving me mad. Used to be absolutely fine but the lag is dreadful. Please help!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Neil Cummins,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing performance issues with XD. We would love to investigate the logs of your machine in order to escalate the issue to the team.

• Please share the version of XD and the operating system you're working on.
  • Generate logs and upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.
  • Please share the screenshot of the Task/Manager/Activity monitor.
  • Is it possible for you to share one sample file for testing purposes? 
  • Does that happen with every file or with a specific file?
  • Could it be related to a particular font? Sometimes a problem font can cause issues with some apps.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines