Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component instance text cutting off while editing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am not sure what am I doing wrong with the component instance. I have a master component and when I change the text (a bit longer text) in the component instance of the master component, it cuts off beyond the green bounding box around the instance. Following are the screenshots of the same;

Master Component:

Master-component.jpg

Component Instance:

Component Instance.jpg

Component Instance (after deselecting it)

Cut-off instance.jpg

Kindly let me know what am I doing wrong here and how can I show the text past the green bounding box of the instance.

Thanks,

Farhan Zafar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Hi Farhan,

We're sorry for the trouble while editing the instance of the component in XD. A similar request has been raised here: Resizing elements within components should resize bounds – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs Please upvote this request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Farhan,

We're sorry for the trouble while editing the instance of the component in XD. A similar request has been raised here: Resizing elements within components should resize bounds – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bu... Please upvote this request to add your voice.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bug or a feature request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Celeste, this is a bug. I managed to find a similar request for this Component cropping – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs so that our users can upvote this request.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a bug isn’t it a just fix it? I will vote just hoping to understand why we vote on big fixes and how many votes does it take to fix a bug.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Celeste,

We ask users to upvote the UserVoice page because it's the best way of tracking the highest number of votes on the bug and helps us to keep the track of high priority issues. Our Engineering team monitors the user voice page. So, this is the best of communicating with our engineering team.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Harshika for your response - it is helpful to understand how the user voice feedback is internalized and used to set priorities. I'm adding my vote now : )

Note: It would be great if this was a JDI and didn't need votes to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines