• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component Performance on 2021 June XD Release

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having pretty severe performance issues with the 2021 June release of Adobe XD.

For context, I'm trying to adopt a component library and theme it for a baseline start to a pattern library. I'm starting with the material UI kit that you can download directly from XD's website. 

The Problem:

I open the UI kit and go navigate to one of the buttons that use the primary color (purple in this case). I use the context menu and click "Reveal color in assets". I right click on the color in document assets and select edit. I then drag the slider to another color....just wanting to see how the theming works in this kit. It literally takes over 3 min to update this color across the UI kit. To add insult to injury, there is no feedback whatsoever that the app is actually working on my request. The UI just locks up. This is by no means the largest UI kit that I've seen so it's hard to believe its the size of the library. 

So I download another UI kit from another creator. Same exact issue. Over 5 min to update one primary color in the kit. I've also shared this file with a co worker to make sure it was not just my machine. They had the same issue. 

Based on some other articles I've seen on this community, I have uninstalled XD and reinstalled it (and rebooted my machine for good measure). It did not resolve the issue. Is XD just not made for creating libraries of components? Having used Figma in the past without similar issues, this just seems unacceptible. I don't mean to hate but I can litteraly not work with this tool in it's current condition and I'm having to research other alternatives because of my project timelines. I'm happy to provide the file that I'm using but like I said, it can easily be found on XD's site here. https://www.adobe.com/products/xd/features/ui-kits.html

I'm hoping that maybe there is another easy fix that I haven't come across yet. Any help would be appreciated.

My Hardware:

2019 MacbookPro 16GB of Ram

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also experiencing performance issues with a pretty large prototype I am building and wondering how to best manage this. Seeinng this post I am now thinking this is an application issue not because the prototype is too big. In the end it will be over 120 pages so its iquite big. I know its different but interested to see what comes back on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm thinking it is an application issue as well. I'm relatively new to XD so I can't comment on previous versions performance but I do see threads about performance and components going back to early 2019. None of them seem to have a clear resolution. The recommendations from Adobe that I see are to uninstall and reinstall XD and to reduce the number of layers in components.

I also resently purchased a UI kit for my company from a third party. I contacted them about support on the kit first thinking that it might be a file specific issue. Their most recent response was that XD is slow and that their Figma version of the kit has no performance issues. They offered for me to switch to that kit if I wanted. That doesn't sound good : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines