• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Component states] New state doesn't inherit property from original state

Engaged ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a component with some elements and states. Creating a new state from a previous one isn't inheriting property of some elements.

Explaining the GIF situation: I have a local component and couple linked components inside it (icons). In the "3/4" state I colored the icons green. When I create a new state from state "3/4", some of the linked components turn back to their original color, but one of them is still green.

adobe bugxd.gif

Windows 10

Adobe XD 32.1.22.3

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Can you upload the file somewhere and link it here?

When you make a new state, it seems to only preserve the override from the last state, and resets the rest of the elements to the master, but some experimentation will be needed to pinpoint the issue.

I assume the reason is that the checks are other components, and nested components don't normally play nice with each other 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you upload the file somewhere and link it here?

When you make a new state, it seems to only preserve the override from the last state, and resets the rest of the elements to the master, but some experimentation will be needed to pinpoint the issue.

I assume the reason is that the checks are other components, and nested components don't normally play nice with each other 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMHO new component inherit master components properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines