Component States Not Applying

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create text carousels and image carousels, my new component states aren't "sticking". If I make a secondary state and adjust the horizontal location of my carousel, the default state shows that adjustment too. I'm really frustrated because other components of mine are working, including a sliding button that does have a shape that moves horizontally.

I've tried putting transparent and opaque shapes behind my moving images/text to see if it was just those specific text boxes or images. I've tried pasting all of my images as one file instead of a group. Nothing works. I've inserted a gif below showing what I've described, and how after the adjustment, no changes are shown.

Troubleshooting.gif

TOPICS
How to, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020
You're moving the component itself, not the things inside the component. Double-click to go into the component and then move the items (on one of the states) and then it should work.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're moving the component itself, not the things inside the component. Double-click to go into the component and then move the items (on one of the states) and then it should work.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for your help as I learn how to use components. You just saved me so much work (and further frustration). Godbless!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to play this in the prototype? Maybe I missed it but it seems transaction only happen when transition to another artboard. What is I just wanted to simulate an element expanding when clicked?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops nevermind, I saw the auto-animate feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines