• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component States - problems

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a problem with component states. I created a component with three states:

1. Normal (Main)

2. Hover

3. Selected

When I change the color of the icon in the selected state I see the change normally in the main component. When I drag the component from the assets panel and select the selected state the icon is back to black.

The thing is when I drag/copy the main component on the artboard the state is ok. But I see the icon for overrides.

Is that a bug or am I doing it wrong? The file is on Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74h93j2flv3me26/States%20%E2%80%94%20problem.xd?dl=0

TOPICS
Design , How to , Known Issue , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Is the icon another component? If yes, this is the problem. Adobe XD doesn't worl well with nested components. When creating a new instance of the main component (with the smalled component inside), it gets the original component of the inner component.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the icon another component? If yes, this is the problem. Adobe XD doesn't worl well with nested components. When creating a new instance of the main component (with the smalled component inside), it gets the original component of the inner component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Yes, it's a nested component. That is the problem then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

It looks like you're having the similar issue discussed here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38973007-allow-com...

If so, please submit your feedback and upvote the request to add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines