Highlighted

Components are empty – Sketch import

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to open a quite large Sketch file (created in Sketch Version 58) in XD. It includes several (nested) symbols. All symbols are imported and shown in the element panel, but approximatly 50% of these symbols are completely blank/ don't have content anymore. There is no obvious pattern neither within the ones without content nor the ones that are shown correctly. Do you guys know something about this issue and do you have a way fix it?

Best regards

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Components are empty – Sketch import

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to open a quite large Sketch file (created in Sketch Version 58) in XD. It includes several (nested) symbols. All symbols are imported and shown in the element panel, but approximatly 50% of these symbols are completely blank/ don't have content anymore. There is no obvious pattern neither within the ones without content nor the ones that are shown correctly. Do you guys know something about this issue and do you have a way fix it?

Best regards

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. We would like to know a few more details like:-

• Could you please tell the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • Are you using the latest version of Sketch?
  • Have you tried importing the elements in to other XD document?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, thanks for your reply. I'm using: Sketch Version 58 (the latest one I guess) – MacOS Mojave 10.14.4. – Xd Version 22.7.12.3. I can't import sketch-files, but I saved the document with the blank symbols as a cloud-file and imported it with the link assets button in the component panel. The result unfortunately looks the same as before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. We would like to know more about the workflow that you're following like when you downloaded the sketch file in which format you've downloaded (JPG or PNG)? Have you tried directly importing the file in XD? Is it happening with this particular file?

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file format is .sketch. I simply opened it (file > open). I am experiencing this issue with different files, i.e. with this iOS template: https://files.design/templates/ios12gui

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an open issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. Could you please check if you're able to open the file on other machine? and share the results with us.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open my file on another computer, also mac. The result is the same

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I still need to fix this issue. We are working on an ongoing project in sketch and we'll have to provide according XD files from time to time. Is this a complete unknown problem? Could you reproduce the bug by opening the sketch-file provided here: https://files.design/templates/ios12gui ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still waiting for help here. Could you please have a look at the example file I linked to in my last post and give me some feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. I am unable to download the sketch file from the link you shared. Would you mind sharing the sketch file with me over a private message so that i can check at my end?

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika, sounds good! But unfortunately, the private message function does not support to send sketch or zip files. Could you please tell me one of your email addresses so I can send you the file? Thanks, Joscha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I sent you a link to a file a week ago as a private message. Could you please have a look at it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. I have sent you a private message. Could you please check and confirm if you've received it at your end?

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2019 0