• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Components are getting out of order in Adobe XD.

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest (Nov 5th 19) release of Xd has automatically re-ordered my full components list (which was manually grouped into types for ease of use) of about 200 components.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This keeps happening - I haven't even closed the file but they keep resetting to be oldest > newest.

This needs fixed ASAP, it not easily usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nj-a,

Sorry that you're having trouble with components arrangement. I understand that it could be frustrating. We'll try our best to help you out with this. 

I'd like to know if this happens with a specific file or you see this behavior with all the files. I'd also request you to share the screenshot/GIF or a short video so that we may have a better understanding about your issue. 

Awaiting your response. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been struggling to pinpoint what causes this, but have found a possible trigger (although, it's happened in another doc that I'm not doing these steps in).

When I've deleted components (linked) it's triggered my existing ones to be re-ordered. I've got a video but I don't know how to add it here - UserVoice was a much better forum for bug reporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear to be limited to deleting components either... It's just repeated the process again when I've pasted a layer onto an artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will see improvements to inserting videos soon, but in the meanwhile, the best way to do that is to upload your video to Youtube and use the Share Video link to share the video here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this already but you can't post videos in replies (wow), so I'm posting it again.

My components are being randomly reordered/shuffled about as I'm working in my file. 

I group my components by type and this is slowing down my workflow so much, I can't find the things I need when I need them.

The video shows this being triggered when I deleted a component, but it's happened at other random times too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this being acknowledged as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually not limited to components - I've just added a new character style & named it (none of my others are named) and now my character styles are all out of order too.

This is SO frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please can someone acknowledge this is a bug?

It's also triggered by just adding a new component.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED PLEASE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul,

Please respond. This issue makes Adobe XD quite difficult to use. We are using it in a professional environment, and this is affecting our work schedule.

What is Adobe's stance on this?

Thank you,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.
Components reorders in both my Master file and any file where I link my assets. 

(Don't really understand why you need video of this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHEN IS THIS GOING TO BE FIXED PLEASE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble that you are facing components getting reordered. The team is already aware of the issue and is working on it to fix. However, would you mind updating  XD to the latest version(24.4.22.1)? Let us know if you are still experiencing the same issue.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika,

I am using the latest version of XD (24.4.22), and this issue remains.

Please provide a status update.

Thank you,

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Aaron has said, it's still an issue.

Components just order themselves from earliest created (bottom) to newest (top). Any time there is an interaction/itteration/amendment/addition to any component, the list is reset.

Working with components is a fundamental part of Xd, if they don't work the way you need them to, and you can't group them or use folders etc, it's virtually impossible to have a speedy workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 42.4.22.1 and this my components are getting reordered. I'm not seeing the same issue with colors or type.

I'm using OS X 10.15.1

This is happening on all files.

I can't show you a video because I don't know what triggers the reordering of the components. 

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a before and after. I ordered the components. Then I dragged a component on to an artboard, undid the change (command + z) and the conponenets were reordered.

components_ordered-before.jpgcomponents_ordered-after.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last note, these are files saved to the Adobe Cloud, not local. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We understand your annoyance around this issue. The team is aware of this issue and is working towards fixing it in a future update. We request your patience until then, and apologize for the inconvenience meanwhile.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why Adobe keeps marking these "answers" as correct, they're not resolutions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer marked as correct surfaces to the top. This helps new readers looking for the latest info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD version: 24.4.22.1

I'm having all kinds of problems with XD ordering.

Components

Whenever I reorder my components to my liking and then add another component, all my components are being reordered back to a different order (always the same though). The strange thing is that it only happens when I'm not looking (when components panel is not visible).

Fortunately, when I was recording, there was a lag after a new component addition so you can see exactly the moment when the order goes back to the original one. (see attached "components-order.mp4")

Artboards

In my file, I have artboards that are "headers" for artboards containing components (e.g "FORMS" artboard for form controls). I'm using uppercase names for those artboards to make them also work as dividers for the artboard "sections".

This made me notice something that I've never notice before. Artboards order also changes from time to time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find exactly when this happens but it seems that simple closing and opening file is enough to encounter this issue. (see attached "before-after.jpg")

Layers

This one is especially annoying because after the introduction of states, clicking Update all button in linked files is like dropping a bomb on your design - components position change, overwritten properties go to master defaults, links getting broken... And now this:

Whenever I want to edit Master layer from the child component, Master is moved to the top of the layer stack. (see attached "master-component-order.mp4")

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukasz_Palubicki,

We understand it could be frustrating. We have seen a similar issue has been reported on this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/components-are-getting-out-of-order-in-adobe-xd/m-p/10793541... . You may see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

I am merging this thread with the same post.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines