Components are getting out of order in Adobe XD.

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest (Nov 5th 19) release of Xd has automatically re-ordered my full components list (which was manually grouped into types for ease of use) of about 200 components.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Hi there,

I am sorry for the frustration and thanks for sharing the video. I have checked with the team regarding this issue and got to know that they are reworking on this ordering issue and you will definitely see improvements in the future releases of XD.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Topics

Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

This issue makes your platform unusable. This is unacceptable for an enterprise-level platform that we are paying for. I don't understand why Adobe hasn't made this a top priority, because it severely undermines our ability to use your platform.

Thank you for your attention.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aaron,

We understand your concern and apologize for the frustration. The team is actively working on the similar and filed a bug. You will see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We really appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is driving me crazy. I have similar colors in my assets and am never sure which one to select since they're never in the same place twice! When is the fix coming?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to insert myself in this thread. Im having the same problems, and it only happens when the components panel is not in view. I have been trying for several day to isolate the exact moment it happens. But no clear pattern emerges. I can re-sort the compnents and even save the document, open it again and everything looks ok. Keep working for a while, and all of a suden everything is chaos again.

Keep trying to re-order one component and at a time, closing, opening, everuthing looks ok. And then after a while, bam! Chaos!
Change some components, ok, change some more, ok, close components panel, ok, change som more, ok. "Turn my back, CHAOS again!" Its like waiting for milk to boil.

Please fix this!

And please ad folders to components...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for your patience. We have an XD update. Would you mind updating XD to the latest version (26.0)? Let us know if the problem is been resolved.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I reorder my components into a logcal order, when it saves and I reloads it puts the components back into the order they were created in, it does not put them back in the order I wanted.

I can't find any posts about this, surely I am not the only person with this issue or perhaps its something simple causing it and I am missing it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some issues of this subject too. The file I'm using is from Cloud and collaborative editing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we have a bug logged for this issue. Let me check and get back to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's related, I'd say. We can reorder components, but sometimes it doesn't keep the order we set.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry you're experiencing this issue. We have seen this issue in previous version of XD. Could you please update to the latest version of XD (26.0)? Let us know if that issue gets resolved.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was resolved for me with version 26.0.

Keep up the great work!

/J

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the confirmation. We really appreciate it. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

issue is NOT fixed. Running v. 26.0. Everytime I paste screens from one prototype to the other, which share the same component libary, the components reorder again. EXTREMEMLY FRUSTRATING. Please, for the love of all that is good, fix this. I just spent an 2 hours re-ordering my master component library so that is useable (because you said it was fixed), which has 150+ components, and lost all of this within minutes of finishing. **literally minutes**

This software is nearly un-useable for an enterprise. The time spent trying to find and manage your components and screens far outweights the switch costs to another type of software. To make this useable you need: 

Folders or accordions for components

Persistent ordering of components

Search bar for components if you really can't make the other items happen

Search bar for screens!!!

Ability to sort screens alphabetically!!

Absolutely ridiculous that a User must arbitrarily scroll through components and screens to find what they are looking for. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the sorting is broken again, but i havent noticed it. I hope not. I dont have 150 components, but enough to need to sort them to find them easily. 

And i agree on all your feedback and feature sugestions.

BUT you do have a component search that i do use reguraly.

Assets searchAssets search

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is NOT FIXED.

Please can it be added to the backlog - it's making working with design systems REALLY difficult. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm finding my components are being re-ordered again when I update them from a linked library. 

It appears to only apply to one component, weirdly?

I thought this bug was fixed 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's strange to know that you're experiencing reordering of assets in the panel as it was fixed in the previous version of XD. If it's happening with a specific component, would you mind recreating the component and then try again?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to re-create the component just because of the scale it's being used at (>200 instances) within the project - it's less work just to re-order them each time than to replace them throughout the screens. 

The re-ordering is only triggered when I update my library, whereas last time this was happening it was ocurring randomly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD has deeply painful useability issues for managing components and screens. 

For an enterprise level piece of software, it is nearly un-useable when you are actually trying to create enterprise-size prototypes, because of the time spent scrolling through component libraries and screens. Please, you REALLY need the following: 

- search bar for components and screens. 

- folders or accordions that you can sort your components and screens into 

- PERSISTENT COMPONENT ORDERING. Every release you say its fixed I waste time manually ordering my components, and then its lost within the same day. Soooooooo. very. frustrating.

- alphabetical sorting on screen names

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariab,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble managing with XD.

For the 1st query, we have seen a request has raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/32869204-working-s...

For 2nd one, there is a request has raised for orangizing the asset panel object here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33272584-create-an...

For the 3rd one, we have seen the issue has been fixed in the previous releases of XD. If you're still facing the issue, is it possible for you to share a short video along with the OS and XD version of your machine?

We will try our best to investigate on the components going out of order in asset panel in XD.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 
Same problem on my side.

I used some kind of sort order in the components list (yesterday).

Opened the file today - order lost.

See examples below...

best regards, Gernot

PS:

XD: 28.1.12.3, Creative-Cloud-Sync: 4.3.30.42

Windows: 10 Home, 64bit, 1909 (build 18363.720), Intel I7-7700K

File save to cloud, not local 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the additional information. We have the current version of XD (28.3). Could you please update and let us know if the issue still persists?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Component re-ordering is still a bug. 

Please can there be a fix prioritised for this!?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing issue with components reordering in XD. Could you please share the screenshot of your about XD info page along with a short video so that I can log a new bug for your issue? What is the size of the file? Is it possible for you to share the file with me over a private message? Which operating system you are working on?

Note: Please share the URL of this post over a PM for reference.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika - this is an issue still, how can I send you a video of what's happening?

I'm using a design system file with all my main components. This is brought into another working file using the 'add assets' function to share the components/styles/colours. When I add a new component in the design system file, the order of my components in the working file resets upon update. 

Can I email this video to you? I can't upload here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is STILL an issue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines