• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

components are not updating

Engaged ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen component updating issues all over the forums. Here's a new one. This is all on the same document.

I create a component formed of a box with text in it.

I use a bunch of these and I override the text in them.

Now I go to my master component and change the positioning of the text inside the box.

The change is NOT reflected in all of the instances. The only way to achieve this is by "reset to main state" which in turn disables all the text overrides....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Hello mowglivj,

Thank you for reaching us, Here your creating the Repeat grid of the component with the text in it, so the main component will become an instance once u do the repeat grid, right click on the instance & choose Edit main component.. you can edit the text in the main component & the changes will be seen in all the instances.
Hope it helps,

Regards,
Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While recreating the issue to provide a screen recording suddenly it all works again as expected when recreating from scratch. The issue is still there with the previously created component:

xd not updating components.gif

I'm absolutely sick of this. I've been working with XD for 2 hours today. In that time I've found 3 bugs and spent over an hour trying to find solutions in the forums. This is the daily experience with XD. It's an absolute disgrace.

Basically, I'm having to constantly rebuild everything from scratch to avoid all these bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug is with the repeat grid, not the instances. But it is, indeed, a bug, or maybe just bad design, I'm not sure which 🙂

If you want to do text overrides, ungroup the grid, and only then edit your text. The instances should update fine when they are no longer the grid copies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello mowglivj,

Thank you for reaching us, Here your creating the Repeat grid of the component with the text in it, so the main component will become an instance once u do the repeat grid, right click on the instance & choose Edit main component.. you can edit the text in the main component & the changes will be seen in all the instances.
Hope it helps,

Regards,
Ashwini M Hiremath

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines